Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Response To?

How do we know which response corresponds to my response vs another person's response. For example if you look at the image below... you will see the OP (Kruks123) responded twice (14m ago & 13m ago). In this case I know which one corresponds to me and which one corresponds to B_knuever, but if the few days have passed or if there is someone new come in to follow this thread, how will they read this thread?

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hello again @sunny_talwar

I believe the indentation we just rolled out was a "low hanging fruit" we could implement as a temporary solution while we work on the long term design for the indentation design.

All the best

-Mattias 

I accept cookies.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for writing in. YES! I noticed the same exact thing yesterday! I changed a setting in my profile to change replies to be 'threaded' to see if that fixed matters and it did not. I agree with you this requires a fix. Allow me some time to speak with my team here and I will circle back.
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hi @sunny_talwar

I couldn't agree more. Threading would be great to get on all posts and questions. 

I have already brought this up with the rest of the group and we will absolutely work on getting some sort of solution in place to better display threaded responses/comments. I can't promise when and what it'll look like just yet. But we all agree that this is a feature we need to implement sooner rather than later. 

All the best

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
sunny_talwar
Author

Thanks Melissa!!
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Melissa beat me to the punch 😄
I accept cookies.
Or
MVP
MVP

One-minute gap between the two of you. I think that qualifies as a one-two punch. (;

I hope you get this done ASAP as well. I was about to make a post asking the same thing when I noticed this one. It's thoroughly confusing to try and follow the longer threads, even if people use the Quote option liberally.

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

actually, would you mind to test something? check your settings under display > linear layout. change first item to "threaded"
sunny_talwar
Author

Checking
sunny_talwar
Author

@Melissa_Potvin wrote:
actually, would you mind to test something? check your settings under display > linear layout. change first item to "threaded"

Did not change anything for me.

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

For me the linear/threaded setting reordered posts. With "Linear", posts were in time order. With "Threaded", posts were in "threaded" order, but no visual cue / indent of replies, so I have no idea where a thread starts/ends.