Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

Round of Applause - August 2020, Brett Bleess

Brett Bleess.jpg

While it's hard to believe we are in August already, it does mean a new month and another opportunity for our monthly "Round of Applause". This month goes to our very own Qlik employee Brett Bleess! Brett is part of our Digital Support team,  has over 3500 posts, and countless interactions in the community. Brett is a valued partner to our team and we appreciate all of his interactions and moderation he provides.  

Brett started with Qlik in Oct 2004 and has been a part of the support organization the entire time due to his overwhelming drive to solve problems.  When he started, we were on version 6 of the QlikView product and that was the only product we had! His community presence is part of his job, however, he really enjoys spending time in the community as things tend to be a bit more laid back and collaborative than in the case environment.  Also, much of the time things are not as urgent and people tend to be much more appreciative of the help/guidance they receive. While he mainly collaborates in the QlikView product area,  when time allows, he is able to get into the Qlik Sense forum.

In his spare time, Brett enjoys doing projects around his house as well as for friends and family. He has a dedicated woodworking shop in his backyard with a full suite of tools. He really enjoys building new things and fixing old. Brett grew up on a farm and really misses working on tractors. He wants to buy a subcompact tractor, so he can do projects using the tractor.  Due to the virus tractors are in short supply, however, he is hopeful to buy one soon. 

Let's give Brett a round of applause by adding a comment and/or giving him a like! @Brett_Bleess @Courtney_Cromley @Wlad_Masi @Melissa_Potvin 

Sue Macaluso
Labels (1)
16 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks everyone, I am a little embarrassed by the attention to be honest, there are a lot of others out here that do way more than I do, and I try to be sure I give all of you some kudos and stuff when I can, as I really need all of you to help me, as you know from some of my posts, I am not an expert in everything! 🙂  Feel free to call me out if I make any major blunders in any posts too, as I am the first to admit when I screw something up, normally!  Look forward to working with you all in the coming months to keep making things better.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
sunny_talwar

Congratulations @Brett_Bleess. You deserve it. Your contribution in directing people in the right direction cannot be overlooked. A lot of the times I will miss posts where I can offer help, but it is comforting to know that it won't go past you. Thank you and hope to get continually tagged by you 😉

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Congratulations @Brett_Bleess! You are well worth a round of applause from the community.

You are the only one that I'm aware of that takes the time to look back at old threads trying to sum things up and close them. Because of this I bet you are causing more threads to become closed than anyone in the community. I also believe that this gives a good experience for the original author, and it is also good for the community when we get more threads marked as answered for reference people with similar questions.

Also thanks for being the guy to ping at Qlik Support when necessary. 

Enjoy the August 

Vegar 

Saravanan_Desingh

Hi @Brett_Bleess . You deserved this. No doubt on it. You are very active in the community. You inspires me a lot.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

🅲🅾🅽🅶🆁🅰🆃🆄🅻🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽🆂

I really appreciate your help @Brett_Bleess!!!

Thanks for your contribution!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Many many Congratulations @Brett_Bleess. You Deserved the Attention and Round of Applause. 

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rubenmarin

Congratulations @Brett_Bleess, thanks for cleaning the forum and for helping people with your detailed posts.