Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

Round of Applause - July 2020, Marcus Sommer

Marcus Sommer.png

In June we launched our very first Round of Applause. Seriously one of our favorite things we have done. Now July has come and I am honored to announce that Brett Bleessis our featured user for the month of July 2020. Marcus is a leader by example in the community.  He is not only a Luminary and an MVP, but he also has the lead in time spent in the community helping others be successful.  He has posted more than 16,000 times and has answered thousands of questions and countless members have liked his posts. 

Marcus officially works as a controller but says that it's rather a side job and in his main-time, he develops and administers his QlikView environment. He started in 2007 with QlikView and said that the first years were quite hard, no community, no literature, much of trial and error.  He probably didn't miss any mistake but with learning by doing, he became better.  Marcus told me that later with the community, it was much easier to learn what could be done with Qlik and how it worked under the hood. He found out the best way to learn something new and to improve his skills is to help other people in the community with their challenges and therefore, he looks nearly every day to see if he can help anyone. Besides working, Marcus likes traveling with his family to various countries especially sightseeing in old towns. 

Let's give Marcus a "Round of Applause" by commenting and/or giving him a like.  Congratulations! @marcus_sommer 

Sue Macaluso
Labels (1)
16 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Congrats! I learnt a lot from @marcus_sommer . Thanks.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Congrats @marcus_sommer! I applaude you. 

You efforts in the community are very appreciated both by me and others. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Marcus! We're so lucky to have you. 🙂

Taoufiq_Zarra

Congratulations  @marcus_sommer    I learn every day from these posts.

" ..... Marcus likes traveling with his family to various countries especially sightseeing in old towns. ....."

Welcome to Morocco : Marrakech, Fes, Agadir , .... 😀 🏜🏝🏖

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Maddie
Employee
Employee

Great work Marcus!

jeannine_boot
Employee
Employee

Congratulations @marcus_sommer well deserved! Keep on sharing your great experience and stories 👍

Lech_Miszkiewicz

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 @marcus_sommer !!!

thanks for your huge contribution over so many years. We are very lucky to have you here! 
cheers!!!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Kushal_Chawda

Congratulations!!!! Well deserved 

sunny_talwar

Congratulations @marcus_sommer . You have been amazing contributor to Qlik community and I have learned a lot from your posts in the past and will continue to learn more in the future.