cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Scroll position lost when browsing back into the community main page

To get an overview off all posts in the community  I usually scroll the questions  from the https://community.qlik.com.

Screenshot_20191012-080800_Chrome.jpg

 The first view only contain a certain amount of questions, to proceed I press the green Show More button until I find something interesting to read.

When I'm finished reading/replying I press the back button in order to return to the list of questions. The question list Read More state is forgotten, so I need to scroll and click the button again in order to get back to my previous position.

This is only an issue in the main overview page, in the other topic groups this is solved by page pagenation 1,2,3,..99.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar Thank you for notifying us.  I am pulling in @Anonymous to look into.  Thanks Jeremy

Sue Macaluso
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vegar,

Thanks for sharing your experience. For your use case, would you prefer having pagination on the home page in place of the Show More button?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Yes, for my use case I would prefer pagenation over the show more button as long as the scroll position is not preserved  when pressing back in my browser.

In addition I would also like to see that the filters (recent, unanswered, unsolved  and Solved) are remembered as well when pressing the browser back button. For the moment any selection is lost when pressing backward.

20191014_200120.jpg