Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seahyanzheng
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access for specific tables?

Hi,

I have implemented section access on my Qlikview and have initiated data reduction. However, i have a certain database table that i hope all users can see. For example, their performance is currently ranked by their department.

Due to  the implementation of section access, the team manager can only see their team employees' ranks based on team level instead.

Is it possible for the team manager to see their own team data and yet able to see overall ranking by their department?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi, yeah...I believe this is a benchmarking issue.

Because of the way how section access and associative data model work, your only option is to load the data with performance measures again into a separate table and associate it with the team managers.

What I usually do, is that I aggregate the measures (in your case I guess by team leaders and some date fields) and than also create a Link table to associate these two.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rastogi_vinayak
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @seahyanzheng ,

Follow the Steps :

// Create New QVD File with name SecurityTest

// Copy the Script n Paste Over it 

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, DEPARTMENT
ADMIN, Admin, A123, *
USER, User1, U1, HR
USER, User2, U2, SALES
USER, User3, U3, MARKETING
USER, User4, U4, ACCOUNTS
];
Section Application;

//Then Load the Excel Sheet Data from Attached Excel (Security.xlsx) given below 

// Reload the Load Script

// go to Settings  ---> Opening Tab --->(Tick the Check Box) Initial Data Reduction Based On Section Access ----> (Tick the Check Box) Strict Exclusion 

//Close the Complete Qlikview Desktop Application

//Login as Admin n Password is A123 (Login as Different User as Well)

if you getting any problem, Please let me know more. 

Best Regards,

Vinayak

SecurityScript.jpg

RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi, yeah...I believe this is a benchmarking issue.

Because of the way how section access and associative data model work, your only option is to load the data with performance measures again into a separate table and associate it with the team managers.

What I usually do, is that I aggregate the measures (in your case I guess by team leaders and some date fields) and than also create a Link table to associate these two.