cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Text formatting in the community on a mobile device

Hi I've been using my mobile quite a lot lately for answering questions on the community. The main thing that troubles me when using a mobile device is the lack of text formatting possibilities.

I don't know if it is my lack of know-how or if it isn't possible? If it isn't possible I would recommend you to consider to implement some kind of markdown syntax. Do you have any plans for such an implementation?

The main formatting styles I'm missing is the classic bold and italic, but also the possibility to mark text as code.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar  I spoke to my team and found out that the next update to the platform which is coming in the next few weeks should help with the text edition option. I hope this inform helps. 

Sue Macaluso

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Allow us some time to research this and we will circle back with you.
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

I notice that there is another (better) editor in the Qlik Sense Enterprise Ideas forum compared to the rest of the community when accessing on a mobile.

My suggestion is that you make this mobile editor available for the whole community.

Screenshot_20190329-192904.jpg

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous @Melissa_Potvin can we talk about this?

Sue Macaluso
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar  I spoke to my team and found out that the next update to the platform which is coming in the next few weeks should help with the text edition option. I hope this inform helps. 

Sue Macaluso