Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Trouble when replying when not signed into the Community

In one of the latest community updates it become possible to start typing a post reply when I am not signed in. Even the Reply-button is green and active.  

Vegar_0-1599114380137.png

When pressing the button I am redirected to the Qlik login dialogue, but after logging in I get an error message and my orignial message is lost. I am not able to recover it. It have happened to me multiple times, especially when typing on a mobile device where my logged in Avatar and the "You must be signed in to add attachments" is not as visible as in the full web browser view. 

Vegar_1-1599115046920.png

I suggest that you do one of these two adjustments in the community.

1. Disable the commenting  feature when not logged in.

2. Get the reply-message to follow through when logging in after pressing the Reply button. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, this is now resolved. I tested with my "other" account and the reply was successful. Thank you all for your patience. 

Sue Macaluso

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

@Vegar  same remark !

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Taoufiq_Zarra @Vegar Sorry for the delay somehow I missed this. I will look into this and get back to you as soon as possible. 

Sue Macaluso
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

Test

Sue Macaluso
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

test from laptop first test was from mobile

Sue Macaluso
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar @Taoufiq_Zarra There was such a delay in my response of a couple of weeks and I just tried this on this post not being logged in from my mobile and laptop and it worked correctly. It asked me to sign in and I did and then was able to hit reply and my message was posted. I did not get an error. Can you check now, perhaps there was a problem earlier that was resolved? Thank you. 

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

It's not working. When trying to login after pressing the reply I first get directed to a login dialogue, but after logging in I get this error message. 

Screenshot_20200921-165925_Edge.png

Taoufiq_Zarra

@Vegar @Sue_Macaluso  I confirm It's not working !

this is the senario I have just tested from a PC :

1-

Capture1.PNG

2-

Capture2.PNG

3-

Capture3.PNG

4-

Capture4.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am looking into this issue. 

Sue Macaluso
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

I used my nonadmin account and ran into the same issue. I will get back to you as soon as I have this fixed. 

Sue Macaluso