Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colinodonnel
Creator II
Creator II

Why is "New Question" not in the main Qlik Community page?

It's a bit frustrating trying to the part to post a new question.

Is this intentional?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hello @colinodonnel

In order to ensure you get the fastes and best responses to your question, we are advising our Community users to post their questions under the most suitable dicsussion boards, for example "New to Qlikview" etc. 

We found that having a "New Question" on the main page meant that users would post everything in that area, and questions ended up being bundled together in a big mess that didn't make much sense. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Best regards

-Mattias

I accept cookies.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hello @colinodonnel

In order to ensure you get the fastes and best responses to your question, we are advising our Community users to post their questions under the most suitable dicsussion boards, for example "New to Qlikview" etc. 

We found that having a "New Question" on the main page meant that users would post everything in that area, and questions ended up being bundled together in a big mess that didn't make much sense. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Best regards

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Follow this link:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Product-Boards/ct-p/qlik-products

Select the forum you want

When inside the forum you will see a green "Post a Question" Button

We have many forums, organized by Product (Qlik Sense, QlikView).  I hope this helps!

colinodonnel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Mattias,

Thanks for the response.

And yes in retrospect that does make a lot of sense - a bit of grouping in the front to ease the rest.

colinodonnel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you,

I should have probably spotted the second sentence in this paragraph sooner!

Discussion, document, and idea boards for Qlik Products. Start a discussion or ask a question here.