Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Wrong Sort in Blogs and QlikView Documents

Hello all,

I check  the "Blogs"-page and "QlikView Documents"-page regularly. First the sort of the "QlikView Documents"-page seemed to be broken some days ago. Since today the sort of the "Blogs"-page seems to be broken too. It's not sorted by - I would call it - Createdate anymore.

I get the following order on "Blogs"-page:

On the "QlikView Documents"-page it's even worse:

What can I do to get the former sort?

Kind regards

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peterwh @Vegar I wanted you to know that next week will roll out the original sorting, however, in addition in the filter drop down, there will be more choices for sorting as well.  Also, for now, we learned that if you go into your preferences under general you can change the sorting so it's not on the latest reply.  I believe this update will be Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.  Thanks

Sue Macaluso

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peterwh Hi, We recently made a change at the request of community members for the posts to be sorted by most recent activity.  So while it appears our of order its because there was a recent comment which brought it back up in the posts.  So for example, if there was a post from 3/1/2014 and someone replied/commented on it today it would bring it up to the top of the list, however it doesn't change the actual date of the original post so that is why it seems out of order.  Does this make sense? 

Sue Macaluso
peterwh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

I’m using this for information purposes for new things and newest developments. New comments to old topics are not relevant to me. Why there is no possibility to sort the list in the “old” order. There is a “sort by” combobox (at QV-Documents), but I can only sort by “most popular” or “most viewed”, but not “Newest” (in the meaning of “creation”-time).

On the blogs page the title says "recent blog posts" so I expect to get the newest blog postings and not the comments. There is even no "sort by" combobox.

How can I achieve, that I get information, when new documents or new blog posts are created, so I can see when there is a new technical preview, new release, new videos and so on and I don't have to check, if it's a new blog post or it's just on top because it was posted some years ago and someone made a comment. Due to this new sort I would lost a lot of time to get the information I want. And I simply can oversee new informations, since there are not in a "sorted" order.

In my opinion it was not a good idea to change the sort order on the main page.

Kind regards

Peter

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peterwh I am going to bring this information back to my team.  I appreciate your feedback.  @Anonymous @Melissa_Potvin.  Lets discuss this in our team meeting. 

Sue Macaluso
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peterwh I have talked with my team and are going to see if we can change it back and give a choice in your preferences on sorting by latest reply vs it being by default. I will keep you posted. 

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I also preferre the original sorting, then I would know if there been a new question to the forum or not. With the recent activity sorting the new questions sometimes get bumped down in the list due to activity on older threads.

I do also see the benefits of the current sorting so an chooseable sort order would be great.
peterwh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

I have something to add: in the "old" community, there was a list of new blog posts on the startpage (I think it was the latest 5), sorted by "CreateDate". If you opened "Blogs" then you got access to all blog posts sorted by "newest activity". But there you had the possibility to change the sort order to newest "CreateDate", to see all new blog posts.

Kind regards
Peter

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peterwh @Vegar I wanted you to know that next week will roll out the original sorting, however, in addition in the filter drop down, there will be more choices for sorting as well.  Also, for now, we learned that if you go into your preferences under general you can change the sorting so it's not on the latest reply.  I believe this update will be Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.  Thanks

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

-Vegar

peterwh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

that is great.

Kind regards
Peter