Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

adding a column to script

I am very new to Qlikview so I hope I understand the answers.  I have added an additional column to my excel that I pull in as my data source.  The new column is called Owner, this shows me which sales manager owns the account.  I added to the script (i think) but it does not appear and when I go to sheet properties and try to add a new field.

qv image.bmp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Owner is being loaded into a table called holidayInnClubData and the table is stored as a QVD and then the whole table is dropped here:

drop table holidayInnClubData;

Then lower down you are reloading the fields from that same QVD  (but not owner) .

What to do ?

Near the bottom of the script you will see these lines:

[First Name],

[Last Name]

FROM data\holidayInnClubData.qvd (qvd);

change to:

[First Name],

[Last Name],

Owner

FROM data\holidayInnClubData.qvd (qvd);

and try to reload

View solution in original post

14 Replies
tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

QV loads the data into the applikation via a reload. To start this you need to hit the "Reload" Button.

Reload_Button.png

Hope this helps

Tobias

Gysbert_Wassenaar

This may sound stupid, but did you reload the document after modifying the script? If so, does the Owner field show up in the table if you view it in the Table Viewer (File->Table Viewer...)?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

No stupid questions when it comes to me .  But I actually did hit the reload button.  It does NOT show up in the Table Viewer.  What does this mean?  What should I do next?

Not applicable
Author

I did hit the reload button but it didn't see to pull it in

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i am assuming the script load completed successfully...it should have said something like xxx lines fetched. if there were an error, it would have said error loading data or something to that effect with an option to reload the old data. if you clicked yes, the old data set loads and you will not see the new field in the table viewer since the load failed.

fields are case-sensitive in qlikview, so i'm assuming the name of the column is spelled correctly. otherwise, load will fail.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In that case check that you really added the new field to the script. After changing the script click the Save button to make sure the changes are applied. Reload the document and make sure no error message appears. Then check again if the new field is added.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
muniyandi
Creator III
Creator III

Can you post your sample file. you are viewing in listbox ?. scroll the list box check once your new value are there or not.

Not applicable
Author

I'm following you.  Yes I hit the reload and everything was successful.

My field names look correct, do you see any problems?

column names.png

I also confirmed I have saved my changes because the save icon is not highlighted, so I'm assuming everything is there.

Not applicable
Author

short list.JPG.jpg

I don't know how to export the list but here is a small screenshot.  I just don't see it pulling in.  How do I post the sample file from my listbox so you can help me?