cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

html tags with tinyMceEditor are causing html errors in the community posts

I notice that I sometimes get in trouble posting to the community when pasting text or images into the forum post. I normally get  a warning about incorrect HTML, but I am never editing in the add html code dialog.

My guess is that the normal forum dialog is adding incorrect/not accepted html by it self when pasting. As I primary use my mobile device when replying to the forum I don't have the chance/choice of viewing the generated html code. Today however I was getting a similar error when working from my laptop. When examining the html code I notice the following html tags in my script.

<div id="tinyMceEditorVegar_0" class="mceNonEditable lia-copypaste-placeholder">&nbsp;</div>
<div id="tinyMceEditorVegar_1" class="mceNonEditable lia-copypaste-placeholder">&nbsp;</div>
<div id="tinyMceEditorVegar_2" class="mceNonEditable lia-copypaste-placeholder">&nbsp;</div>

I recon they where generated when pasting (ctrl-v) an image into the reply dialog. The image where fetched using the windows snip and sketch tool .

When removing the three div-tags I where able to post my reply. @Sue_Macaluso  could you please look into this. Is the tinyMceEditor something that is used by the Community or is it something that is generated by me (Windows, Snip&sketch or Edge) when pasting into the forum reply dialog?

I am using Microsoft Edge  Version 86.0.622.43 on a Windows 10 laptop computer.  

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will look into this and get back to you. 

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Have you received any feedback on this from your community developer team?

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar Hi sorry for the delay. I do not have much only this issue is marked as a product bug by Khoros. They are looking into this.  I will keep checking on the case. Thank you.

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Thank you. Lets hope they figure out what's wrong and are able send out a bug fix soon. It is a really annoying one. 

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

I notice that the issue with invalid html error when replying where not closed by the big community update last Friday. 

20210111_184352.png

Do you have any news /updates on this issue @Sue_Macaluso