Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

oledb connection

Hello Everyone, 

I am trying to understand OLEDB connection created in one of the application. Below is the connection string

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=mme_read;Data Source=MMEODSPRD;Extended Properties=""] (XPassword is bafCeZFGCDcADaZMBLaEWRVOUbdCWUJMELMaGSZMTTYOP);

How to get above connection string. ? I am unable to understand how the above connection string has been formulated.

Can anyone please help me on the OLEDB connection string. 

The QV 12 version 64 bit has been installed in my machine. 

Thanks - Sriram

7 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi Sri

Please check below link, you'll get your answers

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Scripting/connection-string/td-p/541425

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Capture.PNG

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am selecting Microsoft OLEDB provider for ODBC drivers . I have provided the Datasource name and username and password.
When I tried to test the connection , Test connection has failed because of error in initializing provider. Unspecified error.
The database is Oracle db.
Can you please help me what needs to be done further . I am stuck here .

Thanks
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi

Do you have oracle installed in your system?

Then you'll get Oracle Provider for OLE DB while selecting drivers. Then you need to check the details through TNS in oracle.

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I haven't installed Oracle 11g or 12c in my system. Oracle SQL developer only installed in my system.

Which version of Oracle needs to be installed for getting Oracle provider for OLEDB while selecting drivers?

Guide me please
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I will check on it . and will let you know , Thanks for the details..