Skip to main content
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

In this release we offer a refreshed look and feel to Qlik Gallery and a new page showcasing our Featured Members.

Hi Members, 

In our May 2021 Release we offer a number of enhancements to our Qlik Community.  In fact, it's one of my favorites in a while.  Before I dive into all the updates I want to remind you to register for QlikWorld.  With only a few days left to go, now is the time to register.  If you look at the top of this page you will see a link to register on the Announcement bar.  You can also just follow this link -->  Register to QlikWorld.   It's going to be great this year and we can't wait to see you there!  Hopefully next year we can meet again face to face! 🤞

Community Enhancements:

1.  Qlik Gallery
The Qlik Gallery has really taken off and we are thrilled you are enjoying to share your app journey with others.  Your app need not be 'perfect' or 'complete', in fact we recommend you share your journey and progression with us.   Share your encouragement with others too; it only takes a moment to write a comment and say "Wow that is impressive!" or to ask "How did you do that?"   We have updated the Gallery page with a new look and feel and we hope you love it!  
Qlik Gallery Screenshot.png

The best part.... if you share your app you earn a Community Badge!  

For members that have already published an app, simply login- and then (and only then) will your badge will be distributed to your profile. Here is what the badge looks like. 

Melissa_Potvin_0-1620129102398.png2.  'About' Page
A popular destination, especially with new members, the 'About' page also received a facelift and we are loving how the use of the carousel really elevates all the different areas you can visit.  Did you know...The Community welcome video features the faces of many of our MVP's!

About Screenshot.png

If you scroll right on the carousel you will find a brand new page for Featured Members!

3.  Featured Members!
Every month @Sue_Macaluso publishes an article featuring one member in our Qlik Community.  Our featured member will be highlighted on the home page of the community (as usual) while this page allows us to showcase all members that have received the same recognition.  Hats off to all our Featured Members! We are grateful for all you do day in and day out. 

Featured Members Screenshot.png

4.  Related Content
Enabled sitewide and on all Document boards, we've added an out of the box component that will allow you to see 'related' content.   Let's watch this closely together to make sure it is actually delivering content as it is intended.  You can share your feedback with us in the Community Corner.   The related content will appear on the right hand nav once you open an article. 

related content screenshot.png

5.  Release Notes (v2)
A new field "Release Name" has been added to the Release Notes page to allow you more opportunity to search and find what you are looking for.  Release Notes is a new addition to the Qlik Community and used to reside on the Download site. We will continue to make iterative improvements to this page over time. 

Melissa_Potvin_3-1620130724931.png

6.  New Forum for Insight Advisor
Insight Advisor in Qlik Sense® delivers a new breed of AI that creates a powerful synergy between human intuition and machine intelligence.  You can learn more about it on Qlik.com.  You can find the forum under Data Analytics.
screenshot Insight Advisor.png

7.  Data Integration:  Document Board Consolidation
Within the Data Integration forums we have consolidated down the document boards from 7 to 1. Through use of labels you can drill down to the respective product and subscribe only to that content. 

DI document screenshot.png

We hope you enjoy all of this months updates.   So much more is coming your way including a major rollout for the Qlik Greenway.   

Get Excited.. this will be EPIC ! 

Greenway Teaser Screenshot.png

We hope all our members are staying safe and healthy in these tumultuous times.   

All the best, 
Your Qlik Community Team

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic work Community team! My favorite is Related Content. Sometimes you don't know what you don't know. 🙂 

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Nice work! I also like the 'Related Content' functionality, but I think it would also be great to have such an option for the forums with posts of users.

People often browse the community for solutions that can help them. I also do this, but I often search on Google. Keeping this in the community with a possibility to see posts that are like that one posted, would be great. This way people stay longer also on the community and can find solutions faster.

Keep up the good work!

Jordy

Climber

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Really nice! It's much cleaner and with less noise. And yes, featured members all at the same view is very good. I also thank you for giving ears to feedback. We talked about unnecessary distraction and noise in the community home page - the first top image panel, that looks much better now - with less color and images in bits and pieces. 

One suggestion - in community page we can see the count of likes, but if we want to see who all liked, we have to click and that takes us to a new page. It would be better - if you can see the details just by hovering on it.  Something like we can with MS Teams:

tresesco_1-1620220415848.png

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JordyWegman @tresesco 

Really appreciate the feedback and we will look into both suggestions.  @Sue_Macaluso  
Thank you for being a valued member of our community!