Qlik Community is more than just your average online community. We are a true 'hub' destination wanting to connect our members to other members but also to help you navigate the Qlik ecosystem.Over the past two years we have seen a massive spike in interest that the community be more than just Q&A. While we certainly get that you come here primarily to have questions answered there is more to do here.
This article is focused on raising awareness to the Events area within the Qlik Community. Plus I hope to leave you with a laugh or two. Read on members!
I'll fill you in on a little secret, we do NOT promote ALL Qlik events on the community. In fact, many that hit our desk are just not a good fit. We make daily decisions on which events to promote here and have no intention to bombard you with content just because we have a page to do it.
If you have not yet visited our Events and Webinar page, please do - you may uncover something of interest. You can subscribe to the page to receive notifications. Tell us what you think of the Events & Webinars page in the comments- the good, the bad, the ugly - we can handle it! In the future we plan to connect the dots better; the intent is to bring event information to the forums where you spend your time - with no need to subscribe elsewhere.
Speaking of events, have you registered for QlikWorld Online 2021 yet? We wish we could see you in person this year but it is what it is. What I can tell you with certainty is this... the Qlik Events team put their heart and soul to ensure an incredible event experience. So register now if you haven't already.
Register here for QlikWorld Online 2021
To prepare for QlikWorld I was asked to prepare a video😲for the Qlik Community booth. While I have to save the final video for the actual event I can share my BLOOPER video🤣🤣 If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?
See you online !Melissa PotvinDirector, Qlik Community
Hello Community Members,
We are pleased to announce that we have deployed more improvements to our Qlik Community as part of our redesign project. Phase 1,which rolled out in December of 2020, is when we introduced new banner images sitewide as well as design updates to the inner pages. Phase 2,which deployed last month, introduced a brand new home page, a new top level navigation as well as Unified Search. We hope that you are enjoying the updates! Today, our production push includes the following updates:
1. New Imagery for Blog PageWe are absolutely in love with the new images designed for our very important Blog page. This design isnow in alignment with our home page design. We encourage you to subscribe to blogs as a way to stay current on everything happening here at Qlik.(old blog page design on the left, new on the right)
2. New imagery for GroupsGroup imagery has also been updated. Page load times will improve second time you load the group pages because images are not cached in the first page load.
3. New Imagery on Resources pageIf you have not yet bookmarked this page, you should. The resources page will help you navigate the Qlik ecosystem. We hope you find this page useful.
4. New imagery for Support Program - "Qlik Fix"Qlik Fix is a series of short videos with helpful solutions to common Qlik questions. Subscribing to this page is an absolute "must". A special icon has been developed so you will know when content is connected with Qlik Fix. Thanks to@Troy_Raneyand@Andre_Sostizzofor all the great content!
5. An integration with QualtricsRolling out as a pilot phase, and only on our Support Knowledge Base page, you will notice we have removed the kudos/likes (thumbs up) and replaced it with a 5-star ranking. You have the ability to provide feedback to these very important articles in 2 ways (a) as Anonymous Feedback (b) as a comment on post for full visibility.As Anonymous Feedback: When you scroll to the bottom of an article you will notice the 5 star rating:.You will be prompted to submit additional feedback, which is optional. Also, you can expand the window in the lower right corner.
PS. we know the scroll bar is a bit ... um, annoying but was not a showstopper to push forward. We will work on that.
When you submit feedback using this method it will route to a team that will be reviewing feedback submitted. We thank you in advance for taking the time to provide your input.
You can also submit feedback as per usual, in the comments box - this will be visible to all.
6. Launched! a new forum for Blendr.ioOur community forum for blendr.io is live effective today!You will have a chance to meet new Qlikkies here and fire off your questions about our latest acquisition. Be sure to watch the 2-minute video. In case you missed the press release, we have included it here.
We hope you enjoy these updates. Leave a comment and tell us what you think or if you prefer you can message us directly @Melissa_Potvin @Sue_Macaluso. Subscribe to the Community Manager blog so you can stay informed about future community updates.
See you online!Melissa and Sue
Read more about recent design updates:Community Redesign - Phase 1Community Redesign - Phase 2
[Update February 2, 2021: Forum Consolidation to begin Feb 5 and may last 2-3 days. During this time system mail and notifications will be disabled]
Our Community Moderators move content from one forum to another in part because questions get posted to the wrong forum. When that happens it may take longer for that question to get answered.
I can't exactly recall how it came to be that we have 13 QlikView forums (yikes!) but it's no surprise we have this issue.
Well, this is about to change and we hope to make your life MUCH easier when it comes to asking questions in our community!
Phase 1 of our forum consolidation projectwill focus on QlikView. Phase 2 will focus on a consolidation of Qlik Sense forums. There may be a Phase 3 but let's save that conversation for another day. This article will walk you thru the changes you can soon expect:
Today, we have 13 QlikView forums. We are collapsing that to 5.
8 QlikView forums are being retired. Content in retired forums will be relocated.
Of the 5 forums remaining, 4 are being renamed.Here is a snapshot on what you can expect.
4 out of 5 forums will be renamed:
Content housed in retired forums will be moved. Here is your guide:
*all content moved has been tagged with the old forum name. Check tag cloud :
This project involves many moving parts: movement of thousands of articles, renaming and downsizing of forums. Plus, change is never easy and sometimes can feel disruptive. We recognize this is a very big change for our members. At the end of the day we strive to simplify the question-asking process so that in return members receive answers quickly. We know you have other things to do.
We'd like to thank the Qlik Product Marketing Team, Qlik Digital Support Team and the few randomly selected community members that provided guidance and input. We anticipate the change to go live by end of next week. If anything changes, you will be the first to know.
See you online!@Sue_Macaluso and Melissa
Community Members, I'd like to introduce you to our brand new Qlik Community! We hope you love it as much as we do! This article will tell you everything you need to know about what has changed.
First, let me provide some backdrop:
A month ago we kicked off our Community redesign efforts when we launched new banners sitewide and new promo cards addressing some of the inside components of our community. The design concept was born with the launch of Qlik Gallery and was later streamlined into many Qlik Community 2020 social campaigns:
This is one example of a new banner image:
You can read about the all changes that deployed last monthhere.
Today, you will notice even more changes:
#1.A newly redesigned home pageMeant to deliver a brand new look and feel, more modern in design yet playful and fun! When we launched to our new platform over 2 years ago we were 58K members strong. Today, we have 115K+ members and growing every single day. It was time for a change! Recreating the home page banner was no easy feat as we wanted it to convey the beautiful and magnificent spirit of all of you! We'd like to thank Qlik's Creative and Brand services team for their creativity and dedication to this massive undertaking! ( it was 10+ revisions - no joke ).
It's pretty amazing when you look at the change side-by-side:
On the new home page you will notice new imagery throughout and also a refreshed use of icons:
From Left to Right(a) Discussion (b) Document (c) Support-Authored Knowledge Article (d) Idea
#2. Brand New Top Level NavigationWe have completed our shift to a Top Level Navigation. YAHOO! There are multiple tiers to the navigation structure ranging from 1 to 4 tiers. The hamburger menu will remain for our mobile device and tablet users.
example of 2 Tiers:
example of 3 Tiers:
example of hamburger menu, with newly created icons, for our phone and tablet users.
We have also updated the Top Level Utility Barby improving placement of the icons, and while we were at it we aligned those icons to match what you see on Qlik.com.
To get to your community settingsselect the little green arrow that sits next to your avatar.
One of our favorite new additions is the "Ask a Question" button.Meant for members that need to get a question answeredand fast - we made it easier for you to do just that. This will be especially useful for newbies to our community who haven't figured out how to navigate to specific forums.YES!
3. Improvements to SearchIncredibly excited to share with you that we now have Unified Search available to our members. Double YES! Already in place today on our Qlik Support Portal, you will now have a consistent search experience across these two platforms. In case you prefer the old and familiar you can revert back to Classic Community Search at any time. (and yes, we are discussing bringing Unified Search to other Qlik platforms as well - but I can't make any promises).
On behalf of the Qlik Community Team we want to thank you for taking this journey with us and embracing change.To report any functionalissues with the new design please go here -->https://community.qlik.com/t5/Getting-Started-and-How-To-s/January-2021-Redesign-Issue-Tracking-Post-Launch/ta-p/1772708.
We hope that you enjoy your new space. See you online!
Melissa and Sue
PS. What's coming next on Qlik Community:
UI improvements for Blogs
New forum for Application Automation
Forum Consolidation - with focus on Qlik Sense and QlikView forums
New Program for Community MVPs
Top Secret new program. Stay tuned for the one thing I can share - the name - 'Qlik Greenway' !
Join us May 10-12 for QlikWorld – our free virtual event. You’ll hear from some of the biggest names in data, have access to over 100 breakout sessions, get the chance to connect with other data enthusiasts and more.