Skip to main content
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

The loss of one of our most valued Qlik Community members. 

Sue_Macaluso_0-1661439155505.png        Sue_Macaluso_1-1661439171700.png           Sue_Macaluso_2-1661439202631.png

It is with deep sadness that we write this post. Unfortunately, we learned that we lost one of our most valued Qlik Community members, Gysbert Wassenaar. Gysbert passed away this past weekend. He was not just a member of our Community; he was a Qlik Luminary Alumni, which means he was part of an exclusive program that brings together the best and brightest customers and enthusiasts in the Qlik ecosystem. Most currently, he was part of our Qlik Community MVP Program. As a Qlik Community MVP, he was one of 32 members that went above and beyond answering questions, moderating, and dedicating his time to helping other community members. As a matter of fact, he posted almost 21,000 times! That’s how much he wanted to help! We even featured Gysbert last year; that’s how incredible he was. We were so lucky to get to know Gysbert and knew that we could always depend on his expertise and participation. He will be profoundly missed in our Community.

Words from his family:

It is with great sadness that we must announce that Gysbert Wassenaar has passed away. Our dear, smart, and humble colleague and friend was a pillar of strength to us as well as within the international Qlik Community. Feel free to share this message with other acquaintances. Your memories, replies or condolences will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.memori.nl/gysbert-wassenaar/

@Melissa_Potvin @GillianFarquhar 

49 Comments
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Sad to read this post 😔 

He was an great contributor to the Qlik Community, many of his posts will keep on helping others in years to come.

My condolences to his close ones. 

0 Likes
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

What a sad news. My condolences to this family and friends.

0 Likes
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sad to hear that, my condolences.

0 Likes
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Very sad news.

Rest in peace, Gysbert. We will miss you.

avinashelite

One of the great mentor in Qlik, really sad to hear the news. Rest in peace . 

0 Likes
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Sad to hear this news. My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

0 Likes
afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Rest in peace 

0 Likes
MayilVahanan

Its very sad.
RIP.
Its great loss of his family / friends and Qlik Community. Many people learnt from him. Good Person. 

0 Likes
rubenmarin

OMG, I hoped it was just a bad interpretation of title.

So sad to know it is true.

My condolences to all those who were fortunate enough to have known him.

0 Likes
its_anandrjs

Ohh this is very sad news. My sincere condolences to the Gysbert family. RIP my friend.

0 Likes