Skip to main content
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

The loss of one of our most valued Qlik Community members. 

Sue_Macaluso_0-1661439155505.png        Sue_Macaluso_1-1661439171700.png           Sue_Macaluso_2-1661439202631.png

It is with deep sadness that we write this post. Unfortunately, we learned that we lost one of our most valued Qlik Community members, Gysbert Wassenaar. Gysbert passed away this past weekend. He was not just a member of our Community; he was a Qlik Luminary Alumni, which means he was part of an exclusive program that brings together the best and brightest customers and enthusiasts in the Qlik ecosystem. Most currently, he was part of our Qlik Community MVP Program. As a Qlik Community MVP, he was one of 32 members that went above and beyond answering questions, moderating, and dedicating his time to helping other community members. As a matter of fact, he posted almost 21,000 times! That’s how much he wanted to help! We even featured Gysbert last year; that’s how incredible he was. We were so lucky to get to know Gysbert and knew that we could always depend on his expertise and participation. He will be profoundly missed in our Community.

Words from his family:

It is with great sadness that we must announce that Gysbert Wassenaar has passed away. Our dear, smart, and humble colleague and friend was a pillar of strength to us as well as within the international Qlik Community. Feel free to share this message with other acquaintances. Your memories, replies or condolences will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.memori.nl/gysbert-wassenaar/

@Melissa_Potvin @GillianFarquhar 

49 Comments
steeramp
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

A big hug to the family members  for this painful loss

0 Likes
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I'm shocked.

Sincere condolences to his family.

0 Likes
piyush_gaud
Contributor II
Contributor II

My sincere condolences to Gysbert's family, friends, and colleagues.  Gysbert, you will be missed in the community. 

0 Likes
sjenrette87
Contributor II
Contributor II

Rest in peace and praying for the family!

0 Likes
ExperiaCare
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Very saddening to see him go. Rest in peace.

0 Likes
delmak2000
Creator
Creator

Rest in peace and thank you for all the impact you have on me through all your knowledge sharing on the Qlik community! We will miss you!

0 Likes
maxime66
Creator
Creator

Rest in peace Gysbert.
Brilliant mind ans soul.

sincere condolence to the family.

0 Likes
raZor
Contributor III
Contributor III

it's sad to hear this. Rest in peace.

0 Likes
cgaleaQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Very sad to hear this terrible news. My condolences to his family, friends and collegues.

0 Likes