cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

API REST Connection in QlikView vs. Qlik Sense

Hi Community,

I am trying to make a REST connection with an API. Before I can get any data out of the API, I have to POST an ID and a Key, in order to get a token. With this token I can then connect to the API to obtain the necessary data.

I ran some tests in Postman, which in the end resulted in a connection that obtained a token. When I tried it in QlikView, I obtained an error, therefore I tried it in Qlik Sense. Simply because 'trial and error' is easier here, since in Qlik Sense settings are saved and you don't have to type in everything again when you want to establish a new connection. I thought that once I had it in Qlik Sense, I could simply use the same settings in QlikView. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case.

I entered these details in the REST connector, and a Basic authentication schema with no entries. I used similar details in QlikView, but I then encounter the following error;

Connector connect error: Parameter "}" has no value, or misplaced semicolon.

CUSTOM CONNECT TO ***

When I delete the {"Data": on the left side of the Request body and the  } on the right side, the error disappears and a connection can be established. However, it does not obtain the data necessary (the token). Anyone any ideas how to solve this?

Labels (1)
0 Replies