Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RA06
Partner - Contributor III

Access was denied for user

Hi All,

I would like to ask about this:

1. When we tried to open the Apps on the Qlik Sense Hub, we received the following error: You cannot access Qlik Sense because you do not have an access pass. We checked the logs and it shows Access was denied for the user. Could we get some of your thoughts on it? I also shared the logs for future reference.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @RA06 

Qlik does have an Offline licensing option for Qlik sense enterprise. However, it has to be approved by the account manager and customer support team. I would suggest reaching out to Customer support mentioning that you require an offline license for this customer and looping in the account manager for faster approvals. 

Since I do not know your license, I cannot check if it really supports temporary offline activation via Signed license definition. But our customer support team can confirm that. 

Let me know if you need further assistance, and I am happy to help.  

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @RA06 

Please check under the license log and see if the issue is because of the allocation. Please check the below articles for a resolution:

Let me know if this helps!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
RA06
Author

Hi @Vinay_B ,

For the environment of our Qlik Sense, we don't have internet connection on our servers. I tried the first one. I logged out and logged in again but the error occurred. The thing we change/update last last week I guess was the license. We update the license to reflect the new Prof access that we bought. Can I apply the other resolution even we don't have internet connection on servers?

Thank you.

Vinay_B
Support
Support

@RA06 The server was connected to the internet during the license activation? Was it an offline activation? Just trying to understand the situation better. 

Vinay

RA06
Author

Hi @Vinay_B,

Yeah it was connected to internet connection when we update the license, we are given 4 hours because the bank didn't allow the internet connection for servers. We used the Qlik by offline but as per Qlik Support Team we need internet connection to update the licenses. Can we have suggestion what the best option we can used? Currently we are offline. If we request to have internet connection for the bank we need to justify why? If there's option we can make it while offline? 

Appreciate your response on this. Thank you so much.

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @RA06 

Qlik does have an Offline licensing option for Qlik sense enterprise. However, it has to be approved by the account manager and customer support team. I would suggest reaching out to Customer support mentioning that you require an offline license for this customer and looping in the account manager for faster approvals. 

Since I do not know your license, I cannot check if it really supports temporary offline activation via Signed license definition. But our customer support team can confirm that. 

Let me know if you need further assistance, and I am happy to help.  

Vinay

RA06
Author

Hi @Vinay_B,

Before updating the license, we used the Qlik offline and it was working properly. But when we purchased additional Professional Access license to Qlik. They advised that we need to update the license and needed to connect to internet connection to reflect the additional access licenses. 

Can I call you to check it with me? I'm free today.  I want to show you what they gave us. I need to clarify things to understand it further. Tell me what time you are free and  I will call you. Please help us on this. 

Thank you so much.

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @RA06,

Sorry for the delay. I was OoO.

Is it already addressed by our Support team? If not, I can get on a call with you during US hours. But it would be better to have a case registered with support in case we need to update the license to move towards to resolution. Let me know if the case isn't registered and I will raise it for you.

Vinay

RA06
Author

Hi @Vinay_B ,

Thank you for always helping. 

For this we already talked to our account manager. They provide resolution on this and the Qlik is working now.  But we will monitor it for a while to access that the issue will not come back. 

Thank you

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @RA06 

That is great news. I am glad that the license activation is successful. Just to confirm they provided with Offline license, is that correct?

Also, let me know if I can close this conversation since  the issue is resolved now,

Vinay