Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KunalChugh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Can i migrate qvd from one Qlik Sense SAAS instance to Other Qlik Sense SAAS instance

I want to move my Qvd from one Qlik Sense Cloud environment to other. What's the most feasible way for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Francisco_Fernandez

Hello @KunalChugh ,

Tenants are completely independent one from another, so currently it's not possible to transfer QVDs directly from Qlik cloud.

What is possible is to use Qlik automations  + Amazon s3 in one tenant to store the qvd and then load the QVD from S3 on the other tenants.

Francisco_Fernandez_0-1643987943469.png

And alternative would be to use Qlik CLI or Qlik APIs to automate the procedure.

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Francisco_Fernandez

Hello @KunalChugh ,

Tenants are completely independent one from another, so currently it's not possible to transfer QVDs directly from Qlik cloud.

What is possible is to use Qlik automations  + Amazon s3 in one tenant to store the qvd and then load the QVD from S3 on the other tenants.

Francisco_Fernandez_0-1643987943469.png

And alternative would be to use Qlik CLI or Qlik APIs to automate the procedure.

Let me know if you have any questions.

KunalChugh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for the reply. Actually i was able to move QVD's by creating an app and storing them to dropbox via script. We needed to migrate to a new tenant and we used the above method to migrate data, while apps were moved directly.

Now our old tenant licenses are expired and i have limited access to that tenant. I am able to view my QVD dataset but unable to take any action on that.

Any possible solution to get that data migrated to new tenant?

Thanks

Kunal

Francisco_Fernandez

Hello @KunalChugh ,

I think my colleagues from Customer Support might be able to help you.

Could you please open support ticket?

Best regards,

Francisco