Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwoklimho
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Connect Qlik Sense with Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence

Dear All,

I am using Qlik Sense to connect with Oracle Transactional Business IntelligenceWe can only export the data source by excel format manually. This is cloud version so that I think ODBC/ OLEDB is not a possible solution. Could you provide alternative solutions on automatically extract data from Oracle BI?

Today at 10:19 AM

Regards,

Leo

4 Replies
flavio_fazzano
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Leo, did you solved this issue? right now we have a prospect that have OTIB and I didn't  found any documentation about how to connect with this.

Thanks 

Flavio

scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Does anyone have any insight on this? I can't find an info on how to go about this or whether it is possible?

flavio_fazzano
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Scottduthie,

We did a proof of concept using a webservice provided by Oracle Fusion called WSDL.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E10383_01/doc/bip.1013/e10416/bip_webservice_101331.htm#BABCJIAF

In general terms, this webservice allows you to run OTBI reports. The output of it, was captured directly in Qlik Sense SaaS with APPS Automation.

If you find another solution / workaround please share it!

Flavio

scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thanks @flavio_fazzano! The web service link you sent is very helpful.

Is there a reason why you use application automation instead of just a normal REST connection in the Qlik load script?

Did you find a solution for handling base64 decoding on the Qlik Sense side? Normally we would use an SQL function on the DB side, or potentially leverage the PostGres DB on the Qlik server, but in this case we're using Qlik SaaS so PostGres is not an option, and I don't think an SQL query can be passed in the REST call.