cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III

Connecting QlikView with Qualtrics Surveys

Has anyone successfully connected QlikView to Qualtrics using a REST connector? If so, can you provide some details on getting the connection to work? I haven't been able to find anything online for this. My test works but then it doesn't return data. I believe I need to use a Qualtrics API token somewhere but not sure where.

If you've connected another way though I'd appreciate that information as well.

10 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Reading the documentation (I dont have access to the platform)

1. Generate the token Insight Platform - API | Qualtrics
  2. Use the REST URL (Insight Platform - API | Qualtrics)  passing parameters (you can use the Headers parametes from your REST connector to pass that the token X-API-TOKEN: yourapitokenhere )
sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yep, i've gotten that far but when i do the get call for the file it returns a CSV format that has a bunch of symbols so if that is supposed to be the zip file i'm not sure how to unzip it in the scripting. I've attached the file with the API hidden if you want to take a look.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I´m at a network that I don´t have access to that URL, later I´ll check this

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

could you send me your token in private message?

sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can't secure info

sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've got it working another way now, but i would liked to figure this other way out.

Not applicable

Hi Sean,

I have this same requirement.  I have successfully used Qualrics older APIs (V2) but am struggling with their new V3 APIs.

The old V2 API would import data direct into a Qlik application, but there seems to be a bug related to one of our surveys that means some changes in the survey haven't been picked up.  We can rectify these on a manual export from Qualtrics by delecting "Use legacy results view format" but cannot figure out how to mirror this in the API.

The newer V3 API appears to fix this problem, however, I have yet to successfully set up the new API (I keep getting and HTTP Protocol error 400 (Bad Request) and even if I do succeed it looks like the only output will be to a zipped file!  Really dissapointing reduction in functionality! 😞

If you have managed a work around can you please share how you managed this?

Many thanks!

Emma

sique132
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Emma, sorry for the delay, my work around was to use their legacy V2 with an API Token that we had to purchase from them and the qlikview rest connector. It is working great right now

twanqlik
Creator
Creator

May I ask if you could share the script that you are using?

Of course, without any sensitive data.

*Ps. in order to use the API client from Qualtrics, first an API token has to be purchased from Qualtrics?