Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tens
Partner - Contributor III

Connecting to Oracle with Kerberos Authentification

Hello community, 

I have a problem for creating an Oracle Database Connection. This database is using an Kerberos Authentification. I had no problem with sqlplus client on the qlik sense server to connect to the database, I just have to generate a ticket with an okinit command before. But when I tried to connect inside Qlik Sense with the Oracle Connection (Simba ODBC connection), it failed. I think that odbc SIMBA driver tried to connect to the database with a login and password and not with a Kerb ticket. How can I make understand to Qlik to use a Kerberos ticket to connect the Oracle Database please ? 

For the moment, I obtained this error in reply :  ORA-01017 Invalid Username/Password. 

I'm running on Qlik Sense Enterprise August 2021.

Thank a lot 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @tens Please check the below post and let me know if it helps.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Kerberos-authentication-with-Qlik-Sense/ta-p/1714592

Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
tens
Author

Hi Vinay_Bhat, 

Thank for your answer. I already followed this post  Is the goal of this post to use Kerberos Authentification to get an access to Qlik Server ? If it is I'm not sure that it can answer to my problematic. Here I'm already log in Qlik, I just want to create an Oracle Data Connection that used Kerberos Authentification. I'm really not an expert into Kerberos, but if I'm logging into Qlik via Kerberos Authentification, can I use the same ticket to have an access to Oracle Database ? it seems that I need two differents tickets but maybe I missunderstood something in the way how works Kerberos... 

Thanks

tens
Author

Double posting but i can detail my problematic with good keywords. My problematic  is: Is Qlik sense can use Unconstrained Delegation or Constrained Delegation to authentificate a user on Oracle Database ?