cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create one table from 2 existing tables

Hey guys, please see the pictures for a better understanding.

What I'm trying to do is create that RevenuesDiscounts table that will contain all information from discounts and from revenues so that I can work with it.
123.png

RevenuesDiscounts:
load revenues.amount, 'revenue' as type resident revenues;
load discounts.discount_amount, 'discount' as type resident discounts;

How may I do that so that my script works? 

Thank you!

Labels (1)
8 Replies
vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

You can perform a JOIN between the two tables. I usually do this by using JOIN command in Data Load Editor (reload script). However, you can also join tables interactively in Data Manager.  Instruction at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/join-keep-...

otmane
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Amba,

You should add the "concatenate" prefix in the script between the two load lignes :

You can also add a new field in the loads statements to insert the tables types.

RevenuesDiscounts:
load 'revenues' as type , revenues.amount, 'revenue' as type resident revenues;

concatenate 

load 'discounts' as type, discounts.discount_amount, 'discount' as type resident discounts;

Hope This help,

Regards,

Otmane

Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you guys.
Using concatenate doesn't help me and gives me an error message.

RevenuesDiscounts:
load 'revenues' as type , revenues.amount, 'revenue' as type resident revenues;
concatenate
load 'discounts' as type, discounts.discount_amount, 'discount' as type resident discounts;

123.png

@vunguyenq89 

Using the join would merge the tables together. What I'm looking for is a new table that would contain the two tables. But I want them to still be available alone.
Should be smth like: 

Table1 : RevenuesDiscounts(new)
Table2: Revenues(didnt change)
Table3: Discounts(didnt change)

otmane
Contributor III
Contributor III

This error is not due to the  concatanate, it's because you are not using the right table in the resident statement:

"resident revenues". You should remplace i with the right table name that contain revenues data.

Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

123.png

But both table exist in the data manager, I'm a bit lost 😄

otmane
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ok, can you provide your script ?

Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've sent you a copy to your inbox.

So actually all I want to do is have those two fields: 

123.png

In that new "RevenuesDiscounts" cell. So that I can later compare the Revenues to the Amount of revenues+discount.

I managed to do it but that was quite a long time ago and I have no clue how to do it now

Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I managed to fix it. My script has many sections on the left where I load data from various databases. 
Basically the reason why it did not work is that I wanted to load data that was not stored yet since I as executing this script before the Lib Connect.

Sometimes, the answer might be easy as well 😃