cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

Databricks and SSL - certificate verify failed

We are trying to connect to Databricks SQL Endpoint from QSEoW (Aug 2021). Initially had the error as documented in Qlik Databricks connection error "Unexpected respo... - Qlik Community - 1818768 but after following those instructions we are now getting: ERROR [HY000] [Qlik][ThriftExtension] (14) Unexpected response from server during a HTTP connection: SSL_connect: certificate verify failed.

There is an option to point to a trusted certificate file, but there are no details on what this certificate is, or where to get it.

The option to use system trust store also does not say where it is looking to find the SSL certificate.

Thoughts?

Labels (1)
6 Replies
thomasmaure
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Shaun, 

Did you by any chance find a solution to your problem ? 
I am asking because we are facing something similar and I do not know how to fix. 

In fact , it is working on one site with May 2022 version and not on another one with Nov 2021 but a stricter internet access policy . Wondering if  it could participate to the problem.

Please post something if you were able to fix. 

Regards

Thomas

shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately we still have not got this working, which will probably be another win for Power BI in our organisation - which is able to connect to Databricks.

Shaun

Prasasiv
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

It might be an issue with firewall blocking the host of the odbc source. Please cpntact network team.

skumar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I do facing same problem "ERROR [HY000] [Qlik][ThriftExtension] (14) Unexpected response from server during a HTTP connection: SSL_connect: certificate verify failed." even I checked to "use system trust store".

No firewall blocks in my case. 

if I use the certificate as "File" the same certificate in the my server trust store then it works but its not recommended solution to use in our scenario we cant use every time the certificate as file for every user we cant ask.

what is the solution?? then

derbynaut
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, running into a similar issue. did you find a fix? 

skumar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

This works if you install an ICA(Intermediate Certificates public CAs) issued by Digicert Global Root CA on your windows server from MMC.  then you can try the connection should be ok