Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeosoftRim
Contributor III
Contributor III

Delete rows in data Load editor

Hello ,
I want to delete rows of data from some tables for example in the table I want to delete all rows yes the Job = 'R'
Can unlocking the load script and modifying it damage my application?
thank you for your reply

GeosoftRim_1-1619507640355.png

5 Replies
mfchmielowski
Creator II
Creator II

Hi.

There no such thing like delete row from table. You can create another table and place the condition to load only specific values. You can do it this way:

NoConcatenate
TmpTable:
load * resident OriginalTable where someCol <> 'someValue';
Drop table OriginalTable;
rename TmpTable to OriginalTable;

Can it damage you application? Will, it depends. Maybe other users are interested about this rows? In this case you will not destroy the application but the information would be lost. 

I suggest you to use filters and filterout values that you're not interested in.

GeosoftRim
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your answer !

How to use those filters please ? 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/delete-duplicate-rows/m-p/1305262#M90791

I did what was mentioned in this post but there my application is damaged

mfchmielowski
Creator II
Creator II

How to use filters? When you edit your application you can add FilterPane (i dont remember exacly how it's named in english - i've qs in my language).  Then you can add columns from your data model to FilterPane (choose PcaTdr.Job), finish editing and select value you want to 'delete'. When selection box is active you'll have dots menu button active where you'll be able to choose: select excluded.

What do you mean that 'application is damaged' ?

GeosoftRim
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I added the filtering panels but what I want to do is rather filter at the source and display the filtered result without using panel filters !

it damaged my application in the sense that I can no longer access the data manager or load the data!

mfchmielowski
Creator II
Creator II

If you want to have cleared date you have to do it in script editor. I don't have the resolution for damaged application. It never happened to me that i lost access to load script editor.