Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobG
Contributor
Contributor

Get data from Excel file (NOT Google Spreadsheets) on Google Drive

Hi,

I'm trying to get some data from Excel files on my company's Google Drive into Qlikview/QlikSense.

These files are in Excel format, so these are not Google SpreadSheets. They are on "my drive" so I can open them with standard Microsoft Explorer, and in Google Drive I can open them with Google SpreadSheets. I succeeded in getting data from files in Google SpreadSheets format with the "Qlik Google Drive & Spreadsheets Connector"  but this seems not to be a solution for the Excel files.

Anyone who tackled this issue before?

Thx

Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Francisco_Fernandez

Hi @RobG  I've re-tested the connector again and seems to be working fine. Can you describe what's the problem that you are facing? 

In case that you are using the standalone version, you can download the file using the table " GetRawFileAsBinary" after using "List files" where you can retrieve the ID of the file that you want to use.

Best regards,
Francisco

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Hi @RobG ,  there's a way I found somewhere in the community.

Create a WebFile connection with the URL to the file, thing is the URL seen in the browser does not work.

It's a bit tricky but there's a way:

The URL has to mimic the download action performed by your browser when you're navigating GoogleDrive, just put your file ID here and it should work:

https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=HereGoesYourFileID&export=download

You should set the file permissions in GoogleDrive to everybody with a link.

Regards

Francisco_Fernandez

Hi @RobG  I've re-tested the connector again and seems to be working fine. Can you describe what's the problem that you are facing? 

In case that you are using the standalone version, you can download the file using the table " GetRawFileAsBinary" after using "List files" where you can retrieve the ID of the file that you want to use.

Best regards,
Francisco

RobG
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Sorry for my late response. Your solution is correct (download the file using the table " GetRawFileAsBinary" after using "List files" where you can retrieve the ID), thanks a lot!