Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoelWatson
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Has something changed in the DataRobot connection in Qlik Cloud Analytics?

We have some connections to DataRobot from our Qlik Cloud tenant that perform live predictions when certain sliders and drop-downs are changed, creating new values to drive the prediction.

I recently went to review how this had been created so that I could replicate it for a customer demo, and I found that it is no longer possible to save a connection with the fields specified that should be used from the response. Whenever the tick box "Load all available fields" is deselected, the option to test or save a connection is unavailable. 

NoelWatson_0-1702028846826.png

NoelWatson_1-1702028901052.png

Has anyone else noticed this change? Has the way that the connection is defined changed? The connection is returning predictions when the same connection definition is used in batch, but when I then try to use that endpoint in the chart expression, zero is returned in the chart, which looks like field[0] in the response. 

NoelWatson_2-1702029429757.png

NoelWatson_3-1702029442543.png

Anyone got this working better than me and able to pull back a specific field in the response?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wiciok
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,
I do have selected get all fields back. I do then put the column into the RequestType-definition:

'{"RequestType":"endpoint", "endpoint":{"connectionname":"AutoML Churn Demo:DataRobot","column":"predictionValues_0.value"}}'

This still works fine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NoelWatson
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Could anyone who is using DR for live predictions please share a screenshot of the response fields section of the connection definition, please? I know that these have worked previously, as we had working examples, but I changed my example whilst reviewing the set up, and its now not possible to recreate it. Is anyone able to create a working connection in their environment?

Many thanks in advance,

Wiciok
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,
I do have selected get all fields back. I do then put the column into the RequestType-definition:

'{"RequestType":"endpoint", "endpoint":{"connectionname":"AutoML Churn Demo:DataRobot","column":"predictionValues_0.value"}}'

This still works fine.

NoelWatson
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi @Wiciok ,

Many thanks for the steer on this. I dont believe the documentation mentions what parameters are available in the Request Type def. Could you advise where you found that information?

Best regards,

Wiciok
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @NoelWatson,

I used the connection in the script and looked at the columns to get them.

Cheers,
Matthias