Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How many Auto Reload Tasks can be scheduled to run in parallel

Hello,

I am scheduling my apps to be reloaded daily and I see that at a time a max of 4 apps get reloaded in parallel and the others are "Queued" and starts as soon as the one of the earlier ones gets completed.

Is there a way to set it up to run more tasks in parallel or does the Sense Server figure it out on its own and allocates accordingly?

Thanks

Simy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rittermd
Master
Master

I don't know the actual technical answer.  But I would assume a lot has to do with the resources available on the server.

You can schedule reloads and have them trigger on the dependency of another task.  So that they are not running at the same time.  One doesn't start until the other one finishes.

But I am not sure what the limit is for number of tasks running at the same time.  I would think that you would want to limit the number or you could bring your server to its knees.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I don't know the actual technical answer.  But I would assume a lot has to do with the resources available on the server.

You can schedule reloads and have them trigger on the dependency of another task.  So that they are not running at the same time.  One doesn't start until the other one finishes.

But I am not sure what the limit is for number of tasks running at the same time.  I would think that you would want to limit the number or you could bring your server to its knees.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mark,

Thanks for your reply !

I understand that scheduling to run all my jobs wont be ideal for the efficient running of the server...:D.. I was just curious as to , is there a way we can modify the minimum number...

Currently we have a single node and we plan to add another node as well... I am hoping this would help with running more jobs ...

Kind Regards

Simy