cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Load data successful but 0 lines fetched

Hello,

I have an Qlik sense desktop application where I try to run fairly complicated query against the postgres database which returns few millions of records to do my analysis on.

My problem is that most of the time when I do data load - progress states:

Started loading data

vl << QueryResult Lines fetched: 0 Creating search index Search index creation completed successfully

App saved

Finished successfully

0 forced error(s)

0 synthetic key(s)

But it shall fetch few millions record. When I press Load data button several times it works at the end (After pressing it for several hours).

Normally it take 20 minutes to fetch the data when it is successful. In case it is not successful it gives me result above in ~35 - 45s from when I press the button.

I'm using postgres ODBC connector. I tried to use custom timeout for the query but it did not help anything. Is there any way I could debug why the application is not fetching the data. Since there is no error from the application itself I don't know where to look at.
I noticed that more data I try to load the lower the probability that it succeeds is.

Best regards

Martin

5 Replies
calvin_wee
Creator
Creator

Very likely it is the WHERE condition. Check the data type such as Date or special characters.

TOAD/SQL Developer somehow is able to handle when type is different but content is ok.

e.g. WHERE SOME_DATE>SYSDATE

If SOME_DATE is character but follows date format, may not work in QlikSense but will work in SQL Developer or TOAD.

Hope this helps

nsetty
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Try First keyword prefix to limit the load.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/ScriptPrefixes...

First 10 LOAD * from abc.csv;

First (1) SQL SELECT * from Orders;

balabhaskarqlik

It's better, post your postgres query used in Qlik sense.

balabhaskarqlik

Call views into qlik sense like this:

Extracting views from Oracle