Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator

Load multiple lists from the SharePoint

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to extract data from multiple lists from SharePoint .

At the moment I am creating a separate data connection for each list and it works fine, but the number of data connections is growing and it is hard to maintain in the long run as it continues to grow! 

As there are number of lists to be extracted SharePoint, is there any method that simply load all the lists with small script and to avoid the creation of multiple data connections please?

Can any one help me on this please?

Thanks

SB

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

Hi,

If you are loading Sharepoint lists using REST connector or webfile connector in Qlik Sense, you can create only one connection, then change URLs to the lists dynamically during script execution using the following keywords:

Vu Nguyen
If a post helps resolve your issue, please mark the answer as correct.
Arnauld
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

I am interested to really understand what to do. Unfortunatly the link about REST and within connection is not enough to my comprehension.

Could you explain a bit more with a full code inspired by those elements :

I am using a REST connection to get lists on a SHP 2013. I use the GUID to do thay like those followings codes (as I am in an intranet I give you the all URL)

http://portail-odesca.intradef.gouv.fr/PIL/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&XMLDATA=1&RowLimit=0&List...}

http://portail-odesca.intradef.gouv.fr/PIL/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&XMLDATA=1&RowLimit=0&List...}

So If I could have a way to not set the part between{} in the connection but in the script as a parma file maybe it could be perfect. But I don't understand how to do that (if it's possible)

Thx

Arnauld
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am using Qlik Sense it case it change something

Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

Hi, please check the following articles:

Hope these help.

Vu Nguyen
If a post helps resolve your issue, please mark the answer as correct.
Arnauld
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thx you.

I added the script I used.