Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlikstu
Partner - Contributor III

Managing data connections in Qlik SaaS?

Hi Everyone 

Having created a data connection in Qlik Enterprise SaaS and assigned the connection to a particular shared space, how do you then manage that data connection? 

In other words, lets' say I want to move a data connection to a new space I don't appear to be able to do so? Is there functionality to do this? If not, is it in the roadmap? 

If we are changing our data structure I don't want to have to create all the data connections again? 

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Qlik Cloud 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Qlikstu 

It is not possible to move the data connection to another space. However, you may use the same connection in any space (assuming you are the one who created the connection and have required permission in the space) to load the data.

For example, I have created "Google Drive" connection in my personal space. I can use the same data connection in the shared space app as seen below:

Vinay_Bhat_0-1634232987888.png

You can toggle between all the spaces where you have the data connection and load the data.

I hope this helps. Let me know your thoughts.

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @StephenDunn @Qlikstu 

Connection in your personal space cannot be accessed in a Shared/managed space or to other users. Data connections are not accessible to other users unless you make use of User-defined credentials which is limited to a space.

Feel free to add it to our Ideation page.

Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Qlikstu 

It is not possible to move the data connection to another space. However, you may use the same connection in any space (assuming you are the one who created the connection and have required permission in the space) to load the data.

For example, I have created "Google Drive" connection in my personal space. I can use the same data connection in the shared space app as seen below:

Vinay_Bhat_0-1634232987888.png

You can toggle between all the spaces where you have the data connection and load the data.

I hope this helps. Let me know your thoughts.

StephenDunn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Vinay_B,

Is it possible to make a connection available to another user, for them to create apps without creating another version of the same connection?  If not, is it at least possible to copy an existing connection from (or to) another user?

Thanks

Steve.

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @StephenDunn 

There are two types of credentials that can be used when making a connection in SaaS editions of Qlik Sense. If you leave the User-defined credentials check box deselected, then only one set of credentials will be used for the connection. These credentials belong to the connection and will be used by anyone who can access it. For example, if the connection is in a shared space, every user in the space will be able to use these credentials. This one-to-one mapping is the default setting.

More information is mentioned here - https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/ODBC_Connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/SQ...

StephenDunn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Vinay_B 

Thanks for replying, but that isn't what I mean.  Rather, if a user creates a connection in their personal space, and then wants to make it available to other users or spaces, is that possible, or do they have to recreate the connection in shared space(s)?

Steve.

Qlikstu
Author

That's what I'm driving at also Steve. Much like an app, is it possible to move that connection into another space. 

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @StephenDunn @Qlikstu 

Connection in your personal space cannot be accessed in a Shared/managed space or to other users. Data connections are not accessible to other users unless you make use of User-defined credentials which is limited to a space.

Feel free to add it to our Ideation page.

Thanks!