Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II

Mark as read Outlook 365 Connector

Hi all!

I don't know how to ask for new improvements, so I decided to write it down here.

Is it possible to add a new "table" on Outlook 365 Connector to mark as read a mail on O365 mailbox?

It would makes it easier for us to manage the receipt of data by mail.

Regards,

Alonso Torres

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Hi Gestion,

The best place to put ideas for product improvements is our Ideation section at https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-product-insight

It might also be worth expanding your idea a bit, are you suggesting a method to write back to outlook and mark emails as read, or to filter in/out emails that are already read?

In general Qlik Data Analytics products about reading in data to allow for analysis rather than to write back into the original source.

Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Andrew,

I'm asking for a new method to write bak to Outlook, because if we could mark as read an email that has been handled by QWC, we can improve our QS Script and filter by read/unread instead of using sent/recieved/modified date filter and a later algorythm to get the e-mail that must be handled between all e-mails on the Outlook folder.

Thanks for the Ideation link.

Best regards,

Alonso Torres.

Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

To my knowledge none of our products are built with that kind of feature in place, it is almost certainly possible to roll your own if you use for example the REST connector and Microsoft's Rest APIs https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/rest/get-started.

It is worth putting up on ideation, I can see why being able to mark processed emails as read would be helpful, but in general the expectation is that you read and visualise the data you are trying to analyse rather than change it in place.

Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, Andrew

Thanks for your reply. I understand that the main aim of an analythic tool is to read data form sources, but sometimes i needed to write up on "sources".

Some Qlik Web Connectors allow user to upload files to repositories (Dropbox, SFTP/FTP, and so on), so I based my request on those examples.

I'll put my request on Ideation soon.

Regards,

Alonso Torres.