Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

Oracle connector stopped connecting in some old apps but works in new apps

Hi,

we are using Sense April20 in an Enterprise environment and the Oracle connector. A few days ago, I could no longer reload apps in my workspace, returning an error message that the connection to oracle was refused. "Check username or password and settings".

Funny enough, this does NOT happen, when I create a new app and load data via the same data library. As well it applies not to all apps. Just some deny working with the Oracle library.

And even more strange...if I PUBLISH the app where the reload fails from my workspace and run a reload by task it works perfectly.

My workaround is now

- work on the app
- publish
- reload via task
- duplicate back into my workspace to continue development.

Any idea, how to do troubleshooting?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Issue is solved meanwhile by our admins... 

Root cause was the introduction of load balancing after configuration of the Oracle connector. Depending on the node the app was running on, the connection had a firewall clearance or not.

So when establishing firewall rules for the Oracle connection, don't forget to include all load balancing nodes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Issue is solved meanwhile by our admins... 

Root cause was the introduction of load balancing after configuration of the Oracle connector. Depending on the node the app was running on, the connection had a firewall clearance or not.

So when establishing firewall rules for the Oracle connection, don't forget to include all load balancing nodes.