Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flashfabrixx
Contributor
Contributor

Parent/child relationship: Map child selection to parent for selection

Thanks for your time! This is probably an easy fix for you but I'm stuck finding a solution.

In my current data model, Reports are related to Questions which are related to Answers (see the attached Qlik app for details)The Location is set in the answer to the first question ("Where did the problem occur?") via the locationId and a hierarchy table called Locations.

2020-04-29 15_26_58-Test Mapping App - Relationship Test Sheet _ Sheets - Qlik Sense.png

Relationships: Reports -> 1...* -> Questions -> 1...1 -> Answers -> 0...1 -> Locations 

Problem

After importing the data, the location is only mapped to the answer where the locationId is set. This leads to side effects when I try to filter the data by location, as the question/answer without the location selection won't be displayed.

Question

How can I accomplish that the "selected" location is mapped to all available questions/answer for the given report?

2020-04-29 15_53_45-Test Mapping App - Relationship Test Sheet _ Sheets - Qlik Sense.png

See the attached demo app for the structure and test data.

0 Replies