cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seed1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Prevent access to Data load editor

I have another question open relating to the 'Reload' Button extension and the permissions it requires:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Data-Connectivity/Qlik-Sense-Data-Connection-security/m-p/1...

Basically the user must have read access to the DataConnection data source for this to work, but having this then gives them access to the Data Load Editor and the ability to pull data from the data source - far beyond what we are comfortable with.

Does anyone know a way to restrict access to the data load editor while retaining read access to all DataConnections to allow the Reload extension to work?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

The reload button is executing a reload as the user. If they can't read the data connections then they can't reload. If you don't want them reading them or seeing the data load editor my recommendation would be to manage your process using Qlik-CLI and custom properties. You could set up a property called "Reload" with a value of "Yes" and "Finished". Have Qlik-CLI run every 5 minutes using windows scheduled task and search for all aps with this property. Create reload tasks for each and kick them off. Update the apps as "Finished" for the custom property using Invoke-QlikPut with the updated custom property value.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

The reload button is executing a reload as the user. If they can't read the data connections then they can't reload. If you don't want them reading them or seeing the data load editor my recommendation would be to manage your process using Qlik-CLI and custom properties. You could set up a property called "Reload" with a value of "Yes" and "Finished". Have Qlik-CLI run every 5 minutes using windows scheduled task and search for all aps with this property. Create reload tasks for each and kick them off. Update the apps as "Finished" for the custom property using Invoke-QlikPut with the updated custom property value.
Seed1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That sounds intriguing. Bit of a learning curve but it sounds worth it. Thanks Andoryuu, i'll come back with the outcome and hopefully some leaning points.