Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waszcma1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QVSAPEXTRConnection.dll (QlikVIew)

HI 

QlikVIew May 2023.

I have the issue with SAP connector

There is a HIQ server which is copy of HIP and for some reason conncetor is working but session while data is pulled is not ending and not closing.  

Could you please advice what should be done?

Normal load from HIP takes max 30 sek, on HIQ is stucking and it takes as long as the time out is reached.

waszcma1_0-1706614782368.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

From reading the error message in the screenshot above, I recommend you to contact our Support and create a ticket to get further help with this issue.

We have seen this error before and created a software patch that may help. The issue seems to happen when starting new SAP systems but the cause is still unknown.

Thanks,

Tomas

View solution in original post

9 Replies
waszcma1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

One word of comment:

We have 2 instances of Qlik one is QlikView may 2023 and second one Qlik Sense November 2021 Patch15

QTQVEXTR1 works on Qlik Sense with HIQ, but QTQVEXTR1 is not working on QlikView with HIQ

Both instances Qlikview and Qlik Sense work on HIP with QTQVEXTR1

Conclusion: Both connectors working but extraction is working only on Qlik Sense not on QlikVIew

waszcma1_0-1706686579655.png

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Both Qlik Sense and QlikView are using the same SrvService.exe that is installed with the Qlik SAP Connector package, to communicate with the SAP system. If they are both on the same machine, it shouldn't make a difference which one was used, the result will be the same.

If Qlik Sense and Qlikview are running from different machines, note that still only one SrvService.exe can communicate with the SAP system, as mentioned in this link:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/Connectors_SAP/Install...

The current log levels for the SrvService.exe can be changed in the settings.config file, which is located in:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector
settings.config

Try to use e.g. the "debug" or "func" log level to try to find out what the issue could be.
Example:
level=debug

See the log file for the SrvService.exe:
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log
SrvService_2024xxxx_xxxxxx.txt

See about "Logs and processes":

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/Connectors_SAP/Clients...

waszcma1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

We have 2 Qlik instance on separate machines (mucs0019 - qlikview, mucs0010 - Qlik Sense)

Logs from Qlik Sense extration connected to SAP (HIQ)

waszcma1_0-1706711879314.png

Then I have run same query but from QlikView but first working connection and extraction from SAP (HIP)
so sucessful log looks like that:

waszcma1_4-1706713778264.png

Then I wil change the connection on QlikView to SAP (HIQ)
and at this step connection is established but no data is pulled session is frozen until time out

waszcma1_5-1706713818464.png

as we can see SAP (HIQ) has been called by SAP connector as we have running job

waszcma1_3-1706713595236.png

But thats all I have to kill this job to release the source and stop QlikView app.

I have been told that SAP (HIQ) is pure mirror of SAP (HIP) so same configuration same paramiters.

And maybe that is true as QS is working fine with SAP (HIQ) but QlikView for some reason doesn't
On QlikView we can establish connection between SAP(HIQ) but any data transfer seems be locked/blocekd?

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Can you please describe which of the two machines the SrvService.exe is located on? Is it on mucs0019 - qlikview, mucs0010 - Qlik Sense or somewhere else?

It would be helpful if you can provide the log from SrvService.exe while running one job from Qlik Sense, and then from QlikView, preferably while having log level 'debug' as mentioned in the previous message.

Also, have you tried a different hierarchy or extractor? Does it have the same issue?

waszcma1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

SrvService.exe

QlikView (mucs0019 server) 
location C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector

Qlik Sense (mucs0010 server)
location C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector

where can I find logs from SrvService.exe  ?

waszcma1_0-1706777825121.png

Last question: yes tried more hierarchy and more extractors 

So all is working on Qlik Sense but it wasnt before the only problem what we discover was that on QS QTQVCEXTR1 was working but QTQVCEXTR4 not and then we discover some difference between set up on SAP(HIP) vs SAP(HIQ) 

QTQVCEXTR4  has # before name, when I asked SAP quy to delete it it helps and QTQVCEXTR4  start working for Qlik Sense. there was also one difference on Gateway Host

the address was still ameahip0100.emea.xxxx.int so we changed it to ameahiq0100.emea.xxxx.int

waszcma1_2-1706778249314.png

Dont know which of those 2 changes help but Qlik Sense now is working with QTQVCEXTR4

But even this changes they did not help for QlikView which from begining didnt work even with QTQVCEXTR1 which was working on Qlik Sense server (mucs0010) before any changes in SAP(HIQ)

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi,

please see my previous reply about the location of the log files to the SrvService.exe, and other steps I would like you to try. 

Thanks

Tomas

waszcma1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Found something

this is log from QlikView (MUCS0019) connectiong to SAP(HIQ) i had to kill connections and applications running then restart service Qlik SAP Network server to force create the log. and got this:

waszcma1_2-1706802237312.png

vs log with working connection and success load from SAP(HIP)

waszcma1_1-1706802109400.png

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

From reading the error message in the screenshot above, I recommend you to contact our Support and create a ticket to get further help with this issue.

We have seen this error before and created a software patch that may help. The issue seems to happen when starting new SAP systems but the cause is still unknown.

Thanks,

Tomas

waszcma1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Will do. 

Big thanks for helping in advanced debugginf SAP logs.