Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gordon_ash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Data Gateway On Premise location

Hi,

I have several on premise virtual servers set up as Data Gateways to serve up on premise SQL Server data. Our infrastructure team were told to switch off a load of VMs and one of them is the Data Gateway. I'd like to know from the web Management Console which one is actually the one being used so I can tell the infrastructure team which VM to turn back on to get data flowing again.  I go to Data Gateways part at the bottom left of the MC and get a list of gateways - there is no indication of where the gateway resides, presumably the creator should have said in the Description field the server name or on premise IP. If I go to the edit ... it doens't give anything useful. Is there somewhere I can find this? Tell me to RTM if you like but please point to where the documentation is as I can't find anything useful.

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @gordon_ash,

There is currently no way to know which Qlik Data Gateway deployment belong to which on premise servers.

The only solution I'm thinking of is to switch on the VM one by one and refresh the Tenant gateway setting to see if it will become in status "connected". 

From now I would recommend you to name each deployment with the on premise server name.

Regards,

Benoit

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @gordon_ash,

There is currently no way to know which Qlik Data Gateway deployment belong to which on premise servers.

The only solution I'm thinking of is to switch on the VM one by one and refresh the Tenant gateway setting to see if it will become in status "connected". 

From now I would recommend you to name each deployment with the on premise server name.

Regards,

Benoit