Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skage
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Data gateway - Direct Access doesn't connect to MSSql

Looking for some guidance or input for troubleshooting...

 

An old machine that previously was used for QlikView has been recommissioned as a Qlik DataGateway so the internal MSSql-databases can be reached from QlikCloud.

 

Installation and configuration of the connection is completed and the Console is showing "Connected" in the Status column.

But when trying to use Microsoft SQL Server (via Direct Access gateway) to connect to an internal MSSql-database no connection is established. I've confirmed that a connection is working from the machine so it has nothing to do with the communication between this machine and the database server. Same address, same user, same password and the same database.

Skage_0-1702476782070.png

Please, don't let this "product" be yet another MVP that is supposed to be iterated and improved...

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Qlik_TobiasW
Support
Support

2 Replies
Qlik_TobiasW
Support
Support

Hello Skage,

Perhaps this community post, with the same error message as the one you provided, could be of help: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Cloud-Data-Integration/Not-Able-to-Connect-Local-SQL-Server-from-...

This article might also be relevant: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Error-08001-Qlik-SqlServer-Failed-to-locate-...

 

Skage
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III
Author

Thank you @Qlik_TobiasW 

Yes! The latter article included the answer.

I'm no expert in MS Server but apparently setting the port to 0 solved it.

The weird thing is that I installed this at two customers the same day and the properties for both was formatted in the same way and one of them needed the port number 1433 and the other one needed 0. 

I guess the two db-environments are configured differently.

The fact that the local tests on the gateway-machine worked fine with 1433 made this really confusing. My guess is that the local test is using the MS version of the driver and Qlik is using their own set of db-drivers.