Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ammaressaa
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense May 2022 is not supporting CLOB Data type from Oracle Source

I have an Oracle Data Connection in Qlik Sense May 2022 version. There are tables in the schemas which have fields with CLOB data type. Whenever I try to extract the data from the particular table with fields of CLOB data type, it shows the error "ERROR [HY000] [Qlik][OracleOCI] (3000) Oracle Caller Interface: ORA-00903: invalid table name".

With Qlik Sense November 2021 version, it was working perfectly. This means that newer Qlik Sense versions are not supporting CLOB data type. 

Does anyone have an alternate solution since the field has more than 4000 characters.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petergassert
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Ammaressaa,
had the same Problem and i was able to fix this with changing my sql statement by changing the clob fields to varchar with following function CAST("Fieldname" AS VARCHAR2(3999)) as "Fieldname".

Hoe this helps on your side as well.
Best regards,
Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
petergassert
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Ammaressaa,
had the same Problem and i was able to fix this with changing my sql statement by changing the clob fields to varchar with following function CAST("Fieldname" AS VARCHAR2(3999)) as "Fieldname".

Hoe this helps on your side as well.
Best regards,
Peter

Alex20
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thank you very much, we also encountered this issue after upgrading, and the data fields did not match other normal tables