Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Rest API Connector for Jira/Getting custom fields with their names from jira to Qlik

Hi Everyone,

Good Evening,

My source is jira, Loaded data from Jira through REST API into qlik sense, while loading Issue table custom fields are loading into Qlik like Custom filed ids as lable, so its difficult to identify what is the actual filed name from jira.

Due to requirement in project few field were added in Jira by Jira developer those fields called custom fields. These newly added fields by Jira developer are coming into qlik as custom filed with id (ex: custom field 250,custom filed 340).

While creating the REST connection defined the filed names in the parameters, even though custom filed with ids are loading.

Do i missed something while loading,please help on this.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Varsha.

Labels (2)
119 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik-Developer 

As you have identified the custom fields in Jira are a bit of a pain, as they are just given fieldnames custom_xxxxx, and it is not clear which number which custom field is given.

What I do with my Jira app is when I need to get a new custom field I enter a string into that field on a ticket and then select all data from the Jira connector into a new blank app and then use the global search to find the string I have input. This then gives me the fieldname I am looking for. I then go back into the load script for the whole Jira dataset and find the bit of the code that has the custom field. More often than not it is in a sub-table which joins to the main table with a foreign key. The code for that is then copied (carefully) into the load for my actual Jira QVD generator.

To get the custom fields into the main table (rather than hanging off the side) I create a mapping table for each custom field, using the FK fields to ApplyMap it back in. You need to be careful when doing this with a paged load to ensure you include the page number, as the FKs restart on 1 for each page. I inject the page number into the mapping table name, e.g. Map_$(iPage)BusinessReason.

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Steve

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

Can you provide me the sample app for better understanding

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik-Developer 

I can't provide the app, but I can provide some code snippets from it. I am not connected to the right network to get the code at present, but will get it when I am next on that network. Feel free to remind me if I haven't found it for you by the weekend.

If you share your code here I can potentially give some pointers, even ahead of me getting my code.

Steve

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your explination.

Which jira connector you used to load data from jira to qlik sense.

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes please provide me the code for reference.

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

I have loaded just issues table into qlik just for try but the issue is while loading through rest api  each field of jira is trearing as one table in qlik.

As u said how can i create mapping table for  my custom fileds to get all customs fields into maim table .as i dnt see main table while loading from jira beacuse each field of jira in qlik trearing as single table please see in below attached screenshot.

Only 14 fields are presnt in issues table of jira but while loading into qlik some extra fields are loading as table which creating confusion.

Thanks in advance......

IMG-20200929-WA0002.jpeg

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik-Developer 

When you load from the REST connector all of the sub tables come into one large table, with nulls in some of the columns. You need to pull the right columns from the main table, where certain fields are not null, to get to the right individual tables. The connector wizard has a go at this for you, but I find it is better ignoring that and building it yourself a bit.

I've attached a redacted version of my load script. It has code in there for incremental load and paging. It only picks up the most recent few pages on most loads, but you can set a variable for it to refresh all.

Obviously, all of the custom fields will be different in your load and many of the standard fields will be also. Hopefully this will give you the pointer you need to build your own code.

To use this you need to create a filter in Jira and put the filter into the variable at the start of the script.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Good luck!

Steve

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

How the  mapping table  created for each custom field, using the FK fields to ApplyMap?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Exactly that. It's all in the attached zip.