Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Rest API Connector for Jira/Getting custom fields with their names from jira to Qlik

Hi Everyone,

Good Evening,

My source is jira, Loaded data from Jira through REST API into qlik sense, while loading Issue table custom fields are loading into Qlik like Custom filed ids as lable, so its difficult to identify what is the actual filed name from jira.

Due to requirement in project few field were added in Jira by Jira developer those fields called custom fields. These newly added fields by Jira developer are coming into qlik as custom filed with id (ex: custom field 250,custom filed 340).

While creating the REST connection defined the filed names in the parameters, even though custom filed with ids are loading.

Do i missed something while loading,please help on this.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Varsha.

Labels (2)
119 Replies
ajayvermaida
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @stevedark 

Can we use date range filter instead of project and custom filed like Updated > 2018-01-01?

could you please suggest how I can modified my jql ?

ajayvermaida
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@stevedark 

Hi , am using below jql to fetch all the issue with all pages but it give me only 1000 records while I have 17k + issues in it . 

WITH CONNECTION (
QUERY "jql" "updated >= 2019-01-01 $(vLessThanID) ORDER BY id DESC",
QUERY "maxResults" "1000"
)

its work fine if am using the project filter with it . could you please suggest what I am missing here ?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ajayvermaida 

It looks like this query is not using page numbers. Your best bet is going to be pull one set of 1000, find the min ID then call where the ID is less than the min ID.

This appears to be what the vLessThanID is attempting to do.

Steve

ajayvermaida
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@stevedark 

Thanks Steve . any other way to fetch the records with specific date range and paging ?

ajayvermaida
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@stevedark 

In my Jira I have so many projects and every projects has different custom fields associated

for example Project ABC has custom field SecurityLevel and Project XYZ has custom field Persona 

what happened when I fetch the jason script with one projects its only given me the script of all custom fields that are associated with that project but I want slandered script with all custom fields weather its associated to the projects or not ?

it is possible ? if yes then could you please suggest how can I do that 

Thanks in Advance 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ajayvermaida 

I would have thought you will need to issue two different queries to the server. You could potentially deal with this by populating a variable with the fields which are unique to each call and do it in a loop.

Once you have issued the statement to the server you should be able to run the rest of the code without issue.

You will need to create the extra columns in the raw table. You can do this by doing a LEFT JOIN of an AUTOGENERATE table. Fields that exist already will be ignored and fields that don't will be created.

Hope that helps.

Steve

ajayvermaida
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @stevedark 

Thanks for your valuable help . now i can able to fetch all Issues with there projects and issue type with the below jql 

WITH CONNECTION(Url "https://abc.com/rest/api/2/search/?jql=project=QS&startAt=1000&maxResults=-1")

But now I want to fetch the sprint and there related issues and Epic into the same Jason . is it possible to fetch everything in same Jason with Jql ? 

could you please suggest what I can change in Jql to fetch Epic and Sprints in my same script .

Thanks

Ajay 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ajayvermaida 

Each time I have done this for a client I have first set up a filter and pulled everything from there. I think this includes Epics, not sure about Sprints.

Suspect there is a way to pull these things with JQL also, you will need to be looking at the Jira API documentation to find out how.

Good luck.

Steve

ajayvermaida
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@stevedark 

which filter I used to pull everything including Epic ?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It was a long time ago I set it up, so I'm afraid I can't remember.

Steve