Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diego_a_barboza
Creator
Creator

Qlik Web Connectors installation: The EULA agreement doesn't load

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install Qlik Web Connectors following the steps in this link:https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Connectors_QWC/Install... and everything is ok, but when I reach to the EULA agreement, there are only green bars and  the page just doesn't load (check attached screenshot)

diego_a_barboza_0-1646686090660.png

As you can see, I can start the service, but I only see a couple of green blocks instead of reading the agreement.

Is there any port that needs to be open? Any internet security setting that needs to be available? 

Regards.

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows  

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Roza
Employee
Employee

hi @diego_a_barboza ,

seems you're using Internet Explorer browser, but it is not supported by Qlik Web Connectors. Please try opening the page in any browser from the system requirements list.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Francisco_Fernandez

Hello @TimFromFL,

The EULA agreement can be found within the package: QlikWebConnectors\QULA.pdf, please make sure to read and understand the terms of the agreement before you begin using the connector.

Even Though it's not recommended, it's possible to bypass the EULA agreement but please note that since windows explorer 11 is not supported, the following changes have you be performed at your own risk.

Go to C:\QlikWebConnectors\App_Data\DEFAULT0-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 and open UserSettings.XML in a text editor.

Francisco_Fernandez_0-1650825765469.png

Add a "2" in the following setting:

<Setting>
      <Key>AcceptedEulaVersion</Key>
      <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">2</Value>
    </Setting>

Save the file and refresh the browser, no need to restart the service.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Francisco

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @diego_a_barboza ,
if the connections need to go via an internet proxy, please follow the proxy instructions on the help site.

Cheers!

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Roza
Employee
Employee

hi @diego_a_barboza ,

seems you're using Internet Explorer browser, but it is not supported by Qlik Web Connectors. Please try opening the page in any browser from the system requirements list.

Regards,

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Well spotted, @Roza ! 

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
TimFromFL
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue, but I am trying to understand. I am installing Qlik WebConnectors on a windows 2019 server. It just seems very strange that I would have to install Chrome or Firefox on the server just to use the product.  I have tried enabling remote access and using a different machine but accepting the Eula appears to need access to the local server filesystem. Is there another (non-broswer based) way to accept the EULA that wouldn't violate my company's security protocols?

Francisco_Fernandez

Hello @TimFromFL,

The EULA agreement can be found within the package: QlikWebConnectors\QULA.pdf, please make sure to read and understand the terms of the agreement before you begin using the connector.

Even Though it's not recommended, it's possible to bypass the EULA agreement but please note that since windows explorer 11 is not supported, the following changes have you be performed at your own risk.

Go to C:\QlikWebConnectors\App_Data\DEFAULT0-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 and open UserSettings.XML in a text editor.

Francisco_Fernandez_0-1650825765469.png

Add a "2" in the following setting:

<Setting>
      <Key>AcceptedEulaVersion</Key>
      <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">2</Value>
    </Setting>

Save the file and refresh the browser, no need to restart the service.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Francisco

Francisco_Fernandez

In addition to my previous comment Microsoft is actively promoting switching from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge, in fact Internet explorer is no longer included with Windows Server 2022.

Francisco_Fernandez_1-1650827136115.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/whats-new-in-windows-server-2022

diego_a_barboza
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks! I did and it worked at the time, but forgot to mark this as correct!

Thanks a lot!