cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nelson1
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense Session and User Activity in personal App

How to locate the session and user activity data (qvd/lib) from the Qlik Sense Monitoring App - Session Monitor App to be used in other apps? I would like this data directly populated in my app to demonstrate our areas impact and to understand which apps have low activity to see if requirements need to be reviewed/to make sure data is being presented correctly. 

Real-time or at the point the app is reopened/refreshed.

QlikSense Enterprise for Windows

I am a beginner. Please include the data load editor script for each section that I need to add.  I can't use any third party extensions (sites/GIT). I possibly could get an extension from Qlik/Chrome/Edge if there is one for quickly  identifying the qvd's that populate an app. That is something that is also being asked and being researched by my work team.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Nelson1

The logic of the applications is distributed in different subroutines, its kind of difficult to isolate them. For the session part for example the apps Sessions Monitor and Operations Monitor calculate things differently:

Sessions Monitor and Operations Monitor show different values in users sessions
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Sessions-Monitor-and-Operations-Monitor-show-different-value...

Also in some cases the information comes from different logs, for example License Monitor and Operations monitor read sessions from different logs:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

"Operations Monitor uses the ProxySessionId from the engine's session logs for deriving its session counts like Sessions Monitor. This effectively gives the proxy session counts, which can be slightly lower than License Monitor and Sessions Monitor session counts due to the way those apps calculates their sessions. Operations Monitor excludes short sessions (less than 40 seconds) that get registered in Sessions Monitor due to their respective design choices."

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

License Monitor uses the combination of ProxySessionId and ObjectId from the repository's AuditSecurity logs for deriving its session counts. If the same proxy session opens multiple apps, this count can appear as slightly higher than other monitoring apps due to their respective design choices. The actual token consumed per user session remains unaffected.

It is suggested to analyze the requirement and verify what app gives more information and start from there, the apps have a section with the fields to extract from each of the logs so that would be part of the information to consider when developing a solution.

Other option is use the default apps and just add extra sheets with the charts of graphs that the application might not already have.

Hope it helps. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Nelson1

Let us know if there are any questions. 

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm