Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steeramp
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qliksense Binary Load .Qvf file from DropBox

Hi folks ,

With my QSense Server Enterprise ( not CLOUD) , I would like to make a command like this:

Binary lib://Dropbox/QlikApp/Demo.qvf;

... but I receive un "Access denied lib Access denied lib://Dropbox/QlikApp/Demo.qvf "

The connection it's good because I Can reload the data like ExcelFile or .CSV

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @steeramp 

Thanks for posting your query.

Please follow below solution:

There are four main requirements for a successful binary load;

1. Binary load must be the first statement in the load script
  2. Only one binary load statement per script
  3. The source QVW or QVF file must be available during the entire binary load
  4. The reloading user must have access to read the source QVW or QVF file

Common scenarios when the requirement is not fulfilled;

• Binary load is not the first command line in the script
    It is a requirement that binary load is the first executable command in the load script. See below online help references:
    Qlik Sense: Binary Load
    QlikView: Binary Load 

• Source application is Section Access protected
    The reloading user must be allowed to access and open the file being targeted in the binary load. This means that the QlikView or Qlik Sense service user must be included in the Section Access table. 

• Source QVW is updated by an other task during binary load
    No other task can update the source QlikView (QVW) or Qlik Sense (QVF) application file during the binary load. 

• Source QVW is locked by 3rd party process, like anti-virus or backup
    No other software can lock the the source QlikView (QVW) or Qlik Sense (QVF) application file during the binary load. 

• Source QVW is located on a file share, and file share access is interrupted by network problem
    Any file share hosting the source QlikView (QVW) or Qlik Sense (QVF) application file must be available during the binary load.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KingsleyJH
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

Were you able to find the solution?

I'm having the same issue. All I could find on this topic is that your service account needs to have access to the file location (You can see the domain and service account name when you go to Services and see the "Logon As" column. Specifically, look at the Qlik Engine Service. Once you know the Service account domain and account name, all you need to do is share the file location with that user and give full permissions.

I've tried that and still getting the error. But other people say that is the solution so hopefully it helps you.

Thanks

PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @steeramp 

Thanks for posting your query.

Please follow below solution:

There are four main requirements for a successful binary load;

1. Binary load must be the first statement in the load script
  2. Only one binary load statement per script
  3. The source QVW or QVF file must be available during the entire binary load
  4. The reloading user must have access to read the source QVW or QVF file

Common scenarios when the requirement is not fulfilled;

• Binary load is not the first command line in the script
    It is a requirement that binary load is the first executable command in the load script. See below online help references:
    Qlik Sense: Binary Load
    QlikView: Binary Load 

• Source application is Section Access protected
    The reloading user must be allowed to access and open the file being targeted in the binary load. This means that the QlikView or Qlik Sense service user must be included in the Section Access table. 

• Source QVW is updated by an other task during binary load
    No other task can update the source QlikView (QVW) or Qlik Sense (QVF) application file during the binary load. 

• Source QVW is locked by 3rd party process, like anti-virus or backup
    No other software can lock the the source QlikView (QVW) or Qlik Sense (QVF) application file during the binary load. 

• Source QVW is located on a file share, and file share access is interrupted by network problem
    Any file share hosting the source QlikView (QVW) or Qlik Sense (QVF) application file must be available during the binary load.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!