Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achampire
Partner - Contributor III

Questions regarding NETSUITE, ODBC and Qlik Sense Saas

Hello Qlikies,

I have a customer which want to migrate his Qlik Sense Enterprise Client Managed on the Qlik Sense Saas. He is wondering how he can migrate his NETSUITE extraction application.

Today, he is using a custom ODBC connector installed on his server so Qlik Sense can use it as a data connection and extract all the data he need and stored them as QVD files.

On Qlik Sense Saas, I know that there is no ODBC connection possible so there are my question:

- Is there any roadmap to implement ODBC connection as a standard data connection on Qlik Sense Saas.

- Is the Netsuite data connection possible ? I know that it is not currently available but maybe there is a way to do it or a development on going regarding it.

Regards,

Alexandre CHAMPIRÉ

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @achampire ,

you might be able to use a REST connection to Netsuite's SuiteTalk REST APIs.
If that's not an option, an alternative would be to use Qlik Data Transfer with the local ODBC connector.

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @achampire ,

you might be able to use a REST connection to Netsuite's SuiteTalk REST APIs.
If that's not an option, an alternative would be to use Qlik Data Transfer with the local ODBC connector.

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
achampire
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone,

Thank you for your quick reply 🙂.

I guess that we will advice Qlik Data Transfer given that all extraction script are written and it will be effortless to use QVD from Qlik Data Transfer than change Netsuite extraction script using the API.

If anyone here already experiment Netsuite REST APIs with the aim of replace an ODBC script base extraction, I'll be glad to hear your experience 👍.

Regards,

Alexandre CHAMPIRÉ

scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @achampire ,

Did you manage to get your data extract from NetSuite to Qlik Sense Cloud working nicely?

I am just starting to assist a client with this - my assumption is we would use the SuiteTalk REST Web Services and use Qlik's native REST connector to hand code the authentication process (token request etc.) and then query certain tables - have you had any success trying this?

I'm curious how you would leverage Qlik Data Transfer in this situation? How do you export the data sets from NetSuite in the first place in order for QDT to push the QVDs up to the Qlik Cloud?

achampire
Author

Hi @scottduthie.

We finished our work with Qlik Data Transfer.

We already had an ODBC connector on the server so we used it for Qlik Data Transfer and retreive table we already have access on Qlik. This way we extract the same tables from Qlik Data Transfer and push it on a QVD format into the Tenant.

I thought that I will have some problem with the data format but it worked without issue.

I recommand to have a QlikDataTransfer managed space in order to retreive the QVD generated by Qlik Data Transfer and build application based on this file to used them on other application.

I am just starting to assist a client with this - my assumption is we would use the SuiteTalk REST Web Services and use Qlik's native REST connector to hand code the authentication process (token request etc.) and then query certain tables - have you had any success trying this?

> At the moment, we didn't look this way for NetSuite but I already made this kind of work for other tools like Sugar, JIRA, Zendesk etc... It is a good way to do now that we have more and more API (and less and less database) with the expension of cloud stuff.

The challenge of those topics are authentification, manage API pagination and incremental script load.

Regard,
Alexandre CHAMPIRÉ