Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odbc
Contributor II
Contributor II

Read from Azure File Share

Hello, 

We are trying to mount an Azure File Share to our Qlik Server. Our Qlik Server version is 13.62.7.  We have successfully mounted the Azure File Share to the Windows Server. However, when we try to create a connection we get an Access Denied error. We are using the UNC connection "\\some_server\some_folder" string. We can access files through Windows Explorer. We mounted the share under the Qlik service account. 

We cannot use any other connectors as our version does not support them. 😞 This appears to be our only option. 

We have used other mounted drives successfully. Just not an Azure File Share. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Did anyone find a solution to this yet?

I have a customer in the same / similar situation: Access to the filer share as a regular windows map yet not able to connect to it via Qlik as we can with every other server or network drive / folder.

May you live in interesting times!
t_donnet
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

any update? or solution ?

odbc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes we did it successfully. We have an on prem Qlik Server. If I remember correctly (we set it up a while ago) you must mount the file share under the root user. Be sure to mount under all servers ( I think). 

Reach out to Qlik support they gave us an internal PDF that is titled "Using Azure File share with Qlik Sense shared persistence" that outlined the process.