Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaati
Contributor
Contributor

Rest Connector - looping through urls , different json schemas

Hello ,

I have this issue with my qlik script. I've created a loop which changes a variable of the Url im getting by values in a certain list. All works fine, except for the problem of data returned. 

Not all Url's have data returned, and that is expected, however this is the only way i can fetch the url's with actual data.

The problem is that when i run the script, after fetching both json field types(for urls with data & for urls without), it gives an error for "field not found".

I do understand that the loader is trying to find a specific field for each table, but these fields don't exist for all tables that are returned.

Is there a way i can bypass this, concatenate the tables that return data, and discard or at least autogenerate nulls for the ones that dont?

Thank you 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidM
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How about setting errormode to 0?

If that doesn't work insert IF condition into the loop to skip if the field doesn't exists (use either NoOfFields or FieldName functions)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidM
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How about setting errormode to 0?

If that doesn't work insert IF condition into the loop to skip if the field doesn't exists (use either NoOfFields or FieldName functions)

gal_polak
Creator
Creator

I don't have answer for you, sorry,
but i have a question,
how do you look through the URL? 🙂
Vaati
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey David,

I've tried already the error mode, and it works after a long while...However, judging by the loading time data manager needs afterwards ( esentially forever since i never managed to get after the buffering), i think the tables get recognized as separate ( and i have in the thousands of them).

I'll try the If in For loop and let you know if it solves the issue.

Thanks