Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tschollqlikview
Partner - Contributor III

Retrieve data from an Excel-Sheet located on a SharePoint Server.

Dear all,

I need to retrieve data from an Excel-Sheet located on a SharePoint Server.

This works perfectly in Qlikview:

LOAD A,

B,

C

FROM

\\mySharePoint\Shared%20Documents\test.xlsx

(ooxml, no labels, table is Output_short);

The same code however fails in QlikSense:

This statement only works with lib:// paths in this script mode

Creating a new Folder Data Connection as suggested in this post does also not help but results in the error: Invalid Path.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Best,
Tobias

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If the excel file is really located in a SharePoint Server then it should have an URL. You can use that URL to connect to the excel file using a web file data connection.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
tschollqlikview
Author

Well, the statement above was created using a web file data connection in QV, in QS I only get an error. The file exists and QV can load it. Maybe the problem lies in Windows authentification?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try generating it using Qlik Sense instead of copying it over from Qlikview. The UNC path won't work in Qlik Sense and it is NOT an url. You simply used an UNC path in File Wizard dialog in Qlikview. That works in Qlikview, but the resulting load statement will not work in Qlik Sense.

tschollqlikview
Author

Thx for your reply, Gysbert. I tried it with both, the UNC and the URL: both failed. Attached you can see a screenshot. The inserted URL is valid and it will lead to a download of the excel file inside the browser. However, the SharePoint requires Windows Auth, which works in the browser but maybe won’t work inside QlikSense?error.png

Gysbert_Wassenaar

However, the SharePoint requires Windows Auth, which works in the browser but maybe won’t work inside QlikSense?

Could be. I don't know enough about SharePoint to say for sure. If there's a way to make a document public in SharePoint so that no authorization is necessary then you can test if that's the problem.

tschollqlikview
Author

Ok, so the solution was to map the sahrepoint as a network drive and then use this drive as a local folder in QlikSense