Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Running into a problem with extended characters in folder name to import a text file

Hi There,

I have a situation where I store txt files from Qlik at various times and I want to be able to import them back into Qlikview by combining a constant string and a variable to a path and filename. By itself this is not a very difficult task, but the catch is that in de path there are spaces and in de variable string there are spaces and extended characters. 

My constant string looks like this :  "\\nlsdap0105\DATA$\Qlikview\Rapportage_OUTPUT\"

My variable vRIVMExportBestand holds the following: 

André Ficken\RIVM Opleveringen\2020\RAV17_20210125_114252_INC_20200101_20201231.txt

The 2 concatenated will point to a file on a network shared drive and yes, the file actually exists. The FROM part in my load command to load this text file looks like this:

FROM \\nlsdap0105\DATA$\Qlikview\Rapportage_OUTPUT\$(vRIVMExportBestand) (txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is ';', msq);

Running the script in the debugger it shows the FROM part exactly like the above, see attachment1.
Unfortunately the execution fails showing an error, see attachment2.

Who can give me some advise how to get this file imported? The variable part is a must have, since there are more users that can export files and would like to use this LOAD option.

Qlik seems to have a problem with the french accent é in my firstname. This is however also the  folder name in which all my export files from Qlik are stored. Each user with the same access rights can use this feature with a 'home' export folder that has the users first and last name.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think your path is missing an appropriate wrapping because it contained spaces and/or special chars. Means something like:

FROM [\\nlsdap0105\DATA$\Qlikview\Rapportage_OUTPUT\$(vRIVMExportBestand)] (txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is ';', msq);

- Marcus

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

Maybe your issue is related to the collation. Nowadays there exists also a variable (standard-variables created at the beginning of the script) for it to customize it directly in Qlik. More information about the logic could you find here:

Search - But what shall you find? - Qlik Community - 1472194

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Note that the double quotes around my constant string are not really there, but I had to add them in order to get this message posted. I first got a html error when trying to post, the double quotes sorted that.

marcus_sommer

I think your path is missing an appropriate wrapping because it contained spaces and/or special chars. Means something like:

FROM [\\nlsdap0105\DATA$\Qlikview\Rapportage_OUTPUT\$(vRIVMExportBestand)] (txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is ';', msq);

- Marcus

andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Applying the wrapper as suggested did not work.  Qlik seems to have troubles with the french é in my first name. It  comes back with the same error as show in attachment2.JPG on my original post.

marcus_sommer

Maybe your issue is related to the collation. Nowadays there exists also a variable (standard-variables created at the beginning of the script) for it to customize it directly in Qlik. More information about the logic could you find here:

Search - But what shall you find? - Qlik Community - 1472194

- Marcus