Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tadyy
Contributor II
Contributor II

SAP report connector giving error, if selection is to wide.

Hello

I keep getting the below error message when I try to connect to a custom SAP report. It does go through, if I limit the data enough, but I need to have full data.

The following error occurred:
Connector reply error: Mismatch detected. The SAP generated spool file cannot be read. (count: LINES 4, LINES_BUFFER 24)
The error occurred here:
Select SAPREPORT (REPORT (ZPPAA_R_MRP_EXCEPTIONS), ROWS_PER_RECORD (1), FIELD_AUTO_COLUMNS (15)), 
OPTIONS (
(SELNAME PWERKS, KIND S, SIGN I, OPTION BT, LOW SI11, HIGH SI13),
(SELNAME SMTART, KIND S, SIGN I, OPTION EQ, LOW YFGO),
(SELNAME SMATNR, KIND S, SIGN I, OPTION BT, LOW 106700001, HIGH 106800000) //this shouldnt be limited
))
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hakan_Ronningberg

OK. The Report connector is dependent of spool files generated by SAP. Data from the spool file is extracted to a few internal tables by using SAP functionality. The tables are then used by the connector to extract the data. Sometimes there is a mismatch between those tables which makes it impossible for the connector to work. We have not yet found out why there is a mismatch in some cases. Most of the time it works fine.

You can always contact Qlik Support and create an issue, if you want Qlik R&D to investigate it further.

Regards,
Håkan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

There are a few limitations for the Report connector. One thing the connector cannot handle: Reports that are too large (the maximum width is 1000 characters).

Also see: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/Connectors_SAP/Clients...

Regards,
Håkan

Tadyy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But width shouldn't really be changing. Only thing that changes is length of table if I set different limits on this line:

(SELNAME SMATNR, KIND S, SIGN I, OPTION BT, LOW 106700001, HIGH 106800000)

Or am I misunderstanding something...

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Yes, the width is the sum of characters for all fields in one row. It is strange that it works when you limit the selection. In release 8.0.1 there is an option called 'Force DllVersion 7' which uses an older version of the connector code. Maybe you can try that one? It is described in the help link I gave earlier.

Regards,
Håkan

Tadyy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Added that, but no change.

Hakan_Ronningberg

OK. The Report connector is dependent of spool files generated by SAP. Data from the spool file is extracted to a few internal tables by using SAP functionality. The tables are then used by the connector to extract the data. Sometimes there is a mismatch between those tables which makes it impossible for the connector to work. We have not yet found out why there is a mismatch in some cases. Most of the time it works fine.

You can always contact Qlik Support and create an issue, if you want Qlik R&D to investigate it further.

Regards,
Håkan

Tadyy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your time.

I think I'll actually just ask our SAP programmer to give me the base data tables the report uses, and try to remake the sap report in qlik.